Questions about pain 6 weeks post-op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbdheartman

I had the David Procedure about 6 weeks ago. It has been an uneventful recovery. I returned to work today for a half-day.

One question I had is about chest soreness and pain. I believe I have come close to lifting over 10 pounds on a number of occasions. Being a hypochondriac I worry that I could have done some damage to the sternum and the healing process. I have some soreness, but it really isn't too bad. The worst is actually under the left armpit. I believe I might have strained a chest muscle in the way I was sleeping. If I had really done some damage by overlifting, would I really know it?

I go for my post-surgical check up with Dr. Cameron on Thursday and will be doing an x-ray that morning, but I just wonder. I really feel pretty good, but I just worry that I could have done something to the breastbone/sternum and not really know it.

Sorry i don't have any advice on the lifting thing so soon after surgery. I did want to say that i am glad you had an uneventful recovery and i hope that it continues that way for you. Tomorrow i go to emory in ATL for a TEE and a Chest CT scan. The last surgeon that i saw thought he could perform the valve-sparring procedure on me as well and these tests will confirm if he can or not. I just want to say again good luck with the rest of your recovery and keep us all updated.

Let's hope it is just muscular pain...I got very worried, while recovering, about every new pain I felt...they all were muscular in my case!. Let us know what the doctor thinks on Thursday.:)

Back