Question about tanning beds

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel

Just wondering something. Does anybody know if, once you've had an AVR root replacement, can you get in a tanning bed, or not? If so, how long should you wait before going in one?

Tanning Beds?

Tanning Beds?

Why would you want to use a tanning bed? Haven't those things been associated with increases in the occurance of skin cancer?

-Philip

Ha, but I usually like to go just a few times in the beginning of summer to get me some color! lol. I'm not a tanning bed junkie by any means, lol. The sun can be very dangerous too. Just inquiring, that's all. I definitely realize that this summer, it's not even an option for me : (

Sweet Angel.... sun causes aging and you get the same exposure in a tanning bed... also and most importantly it causes skin cancer. I used to be a sun worshipper in the summer time until the doc noticed a mole that looked funny. He removed it and told me to stay out of the sun. They sent it out for testing and came back saying the mole was the type that would turn cancerous.. 50 block for me now... pasty white, who cares! :)

Angel, other than the previously aforementioned reasons, I dont really see any reason you cant get in a tanning bed, just dont let your scar get tanned, I have a 19 yr old scar, and its still sun sensitive, it stays white while the skin around it turns color...also sun damage on a fresh scar can leave it darker than the skin around it forever, leading to increased visibility....not a good thing....I usually do the "oops I forgot sunblock on my scar, holy white itchy scar batman" at least once a year, it itches for at least a week and it looks pretty funny for at least a month.....

Tanning

Tanning

Here's a possible alternative...

I was riding with a group of cyclists out of Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. When we stopped for breakfast several members were discussing alternatives to give our white feet and ankles some color to blend with our tanned legs. Several members said that they use tea... they soak their feet and ankles (my question was how they get their feet and ankles in the glass with all those ice cubes).

This said, I've not tried it, have no idea if it works, and have no idea if there are any unknown side effects. I've always considered tea a beverage for drinking rather than something to bath in.

-Philip

I had the same question Angel. I've been wearing a strip of cloth to cover up my scar, plus 30 spf on it. Looks funny, but I figure for the first year, I'll be safe, esp. after having a mole removed last year, not covering up the scar, and having it turn dark like someone above mentioned.. But Malibu and others have mentioned this spray tanning option - which I still haven't looked into - but will one of these days. If it looks pretty realistic, and saves me time at the tanning bed or laying on the deck - it might just be a good solution!

Latest posts

Back