Present to myself!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Always Assume Positive Intent
I have been looking at the new Camaro's since they came out, but haven't been able to get myself over the hump of actually buying one. I wanted a dark blue one with either white or blue stripes, and had used this as a reason not to get one. I told my wife that as soon as I saw one that was the right colors and had the 2SS/RS package, I would go ahead and get it.

Last week on vacation at my parents, we passed the dealership in their town and they had the car. I said again that it would have to have the 2SS/RS package, which it probably did not. Called them, and sure enough it was the right one. I couldn't hardly back out at that point!

Anyway, here is my new mode of transportation. I am thinking of getting "STL TCKN" for plates, or something along those lines. Thought I would share!

Camaro.jpg

Jason - Half a lifetime ago I had a couple of Camaro's. A 1975 and a 1978. Both were "sleepers." They were LT coupes (normal external trim) but had the IROC engines and suspension. Fun, fun, fun.

Only two words can describe this one......
"Sweet Ride"

Now park it in the garage and wax it. Do it again just in case you missed a spot :biggrin2:

Enjoy!

Jason, I'm another Camaro person. Used to have a 1974 that I added dual exhaust, spoiler, mags, Pioneer stereo, etc
In those years it was so much fun to race my friend with his Trans Am 'Bird.
Would your wife mind if you come and pick me up for a test drive?

Jason, I'm another Camaro person. Used to have a 1974 that I added dual exhaust, spoiler, mags, Pioneer stereo, etc
In those years it was so much fun to race my friend with his Trans Am 'Bird.
Would your wife mind if you come and pick me up for a test drive?

Me first...I'm closer :)

Congrats. There are worse things you can do as a mid-life/post surgical crisis!

(remember, I bought myself a convertible VW Eos for my 50th birthday, so I get you!)

Greg

What can I say, always the right pic at the right time. Killed myself laughing!

Hey Jason, Friggen beautiful car. The GM employees that put the Camero beast together take great pride in their tasks. I'm certain you will not be disappointed.

Thanks everyone, and Greg, I think you might be able to give me a run for my money!

We just got back from a weekend at our camper on the lake, and we had a great weekend. We caught dinner two nights in a row and fried the fish on the grill. The boys thought that was the greatest thing, and I have to agree that it doesn't get much better. The only thing is, I didn't have my car up there... I checked Friday before heading out, and the weather forecast was calling for severe thunderstorms with potentially strong winds and possibly hail. I went with the safe approach and left the new Camaro in the garage, although it turned out to be unfounded concern. The storms fizzled out before they got to us, but still, I didn't want to take the chance. As you said, Freddie, park it in the garage and wax it!

As to a test drive, I don't think Heather will have any concerns with that. It shouldn't take too long to get there, either! I really, really like the Camaro. These newer cars have all the bells and whistles in them, and yet it still has over 400 horsepower. I had to laugh when I gave my 10 year old son a ride and really stomped on the gas; he started grinning and giggling like crazy, and he looked at me and said he didn't know why he was laughing. I guess the fascination with speed starts early...

Beautiful Car, Jason.

Congratulations.

Hope you have loads of happy, safe miles enjoying driving it.

Congrats on the beautiful new ride!!! Can you pick us all up for a ride sometime?? Perhaps you can drop me off for my OHS!!! (ha ha)
Enjoy its a beauty!!!

Jason - Your 10 year-old acts just like I do in a fun car. A couple of years ago a friend had just gotten a supercharged Mini Cooper S. One day before lunch time he stopped by my office and tossed the key onto my desk. He just said "Take this to lunch with you." A supercharged Mini Cooper S, with a 6-speed and some curvy roads made for a grin that I couldn't wipe off my face for days!

You now have a partner in your enjoyment. That should make for many memorable trips - treasure them my friend.

Thanks for posting.

Now, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

I love the license plate. Fantastic.

....By the way....I ONLY dated guys with FAST cars, so I know all about that ear to ear grin that lasts for days.
And now I am jealous. Maybe hubby and I should go test drive a couple of new cars at the dealer. LOL

Latest posts

Back