Prayers Needed Now for Mary's Charlie

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers out to Charlie and all family.....(HUGS)Mary and all.

zipper2 (DEB)

No word yet from Mary tonight. If I hear anything before Dick and I leave in the morning, I will post it. I won't have my computer in St. Thomas, but I will have my IPhone and will try to get word to you all if I hear anything. Keep them in your prayers.

No word yet from Mary tonight. If I hear anything before Dick and I leave in the morning, I will post it. I won't have my computer in St. Thomas, but I will have my IPhone and will try to get word to you all if I hear anything. Keep them in your prayers.

Again thanks for keeping us updated. Have a wonderful time
Earline

woke to very good news

woke to very good news

I woke to this very good news this morning- prayers are working- keep them coming!

Phyllis,
We're at a hotel nearby the hospital and I'm using their business center. They admitted Charlie to the Cardiac ICU but expect to release him to the step down unit when a bed becomes available. They can find no reason for the respiratory problems to be caused by the heart. I was in the room while the pediatric cardiologist ran the most extensive echo I've ever been present at, and although there is mild stenosis of the aortic valve, they feel that is still within the normal range. The PFO is stil open a small amount (we were told previously that it had closed) but they don't think that should cause the problems he is having.
His iron is at 8.4--up from 7.5 yesterday. They don't think that is too low. They also believe that the heart size is within normal parameters, but pushing towards the upper limit.
So for now they'll treat the symptoms and see if the heartrate and respiratory rate decrease.
The facility is fantastic with one on one care. Even in the step down unit, it's one nurse to two children. I don't know what we'll do tomorrow. Bob might drive home and I'd stay. If he seems much improved, we might stay until later tomorrow night and then drive home together.
Anyway, the news is better and the uncertainity much less. I am absolutely exhausted but I know I will get a good night's sleep.
Enjoy your trip and soak up some sunshine for me . . . . a few more months like this with Charlie and I'll be ready for a long vacation! Brig expects she will be ready for a padded cell . . . . Lol!
Love,
Mary

Best wishes coming their way, thinking of all of you.

Mary, tell Brig just to take it one day at a time. I know that can be hard. My 2 nephews and neice were all born premature, the first one at only about 24 weeks. Between the three of them, they did not weigh 7 lbs at birth. My mother asked my SIL when she thought he would start cutting his teeth (meaning at the approriate time after his actual birth or his scheduled one), she shrugged and more or less said when he's ready! That was more or less her attitude with everything, and it seemed to work - the little darlings are all over 20 years of age now, nothing majorly wrong with any of them except the usual teenage problems!

Oh goodness, I am just catching up with this thread! I am certainly adding my prayers for little Charlie. Glad to hear there is some hopeful news. Best thoughts and prayers for the whole family.

My thoughts and prayers are with Little Charlie, Mary and the whole family. Hoping to hear a postive update. Hugs!

I'm glad to read the encouraging update! Thanks for keeping us up to speed Phyllis! Prayers continuing.

Latest posts

Back