Prayers for Dad, Please

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynlw

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi, First I wanted to say Dad is fine and healthy, BUT can you please keep my Dad in your prayers the next few days? As some might remember we lost my Mom Mothers Day weekend, so it's his first alone after being married 54 years. We had hoped to go up spend a couple days this week with him, but with Justin having surgery Jan 19th, Don has to save his couple vacation days left, and honestly since we have to call IF Justin starts getting a fever, wound starts looking bad again ect and Justin will have to be admitted, I would be a nervous wreck havng him 5 hours away (in GOOD weather) from his hospital, when there is at least 2 feet of snow on the ground and more on the way. Just because i know we tend to not have the best luck.
Also today was Dads 80th Birthday (and yes i DID tell him he is now "SUPER Elderly" ) and this afternoon, my Aunt, his sister passed away. She was sick for a little while but we had hoped she would make it thru the holidays. I wish I could give Dad a hug, He sounds ok on the phone, but he always seems strong for other people,(probably all those years of being a state police trooper) so since i can't hug him, I thought asking about sending prayers, good thoughts.. his way could help. Thanks,

Hi, First I wanted to say Dad is fine and healthy, BUT can you please keep my Dad in your prayers the next few days? As some might remember we lost my Mom Mothers Day weekend, so it's his first alone after being married 54 years. We had hoped to go up spend a couple days this week with him, but with Justin having surgery Jan 19th, Don has to save his couple vacation days left, and honestly since we have to call IF Justin starts getting a fever, wound starts looking bad again ect and Justin will have to be admitted, I would be a nervous wreck havng him 5 hours away (in GOOD weather) from his hospital, when there is at least 2 feet of snow on the ground and more on the way. Just because i know we tend to not have the best luck.
Also today was Dads 80th Birthday (and yes i DID tell him he is now "SUPER Elderly" ) and this afternoon, my Aunt, his sister passed away. She was sick for a little while but we had hoped she would make it thru the holidays. I wish I could give Dad a hug, He sounds ok on the phone, but he always seems strong for other people,(probably all those years of being a state police trooper) so since i can't hug him, I thought asking about sending prayers, good thoughts.. his way could help. Thanks,

Your dad is in my thoughts and prayers, Lyn.

I;ll be think of all of you through the holidays, and hoping that all stays well, that Justin - and you - can stay away from hospitals. It's not easy losing someone close at any time, but trying to get through such a family-oriented holiday is hard. Hoping your father can keep busy with friends and any family that is around him, too.

Lyn, You and Justin have been in my prayers for years, and I gladly include your Dad.

Lyn:

Prayers are going your way.

This is a tough time of the year. So hard on families who have lost someone in the last year.

Last night my sister called to say that my former father-in-law had passed away 12-21 at a retirement center, and Cathy had seen the obituary in yesterday's newspaper. His wife died a couple of years ago, so I know that this week has been hard on their extended family. I was very fond of my former in-laws.

Christmas brings back so many memories, and when you've had losses in the last year, it can be very difficult to get through.

My thoughts are with your dad. I know I called my mom on Christmas. She's 84 and has been alone for a number of years now. People can be tougher than you think.

Best Christmas and New Year wishes,

Lyn,

A couple days late ... but, thoughts/prayers en route....

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Another year comes to a close" ... Sylvia ... 'Reflections'

Sending prayers that your Dad is making it through the holidays ok. I am sure this must be very hard for him. He is lucky to have such a loving and caring daughter & family to help him through. My thoughts are with all of you.

Latest posts

Back