Prayers Answered-Jim is home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Shirley

Hi everybody. This is Jim's wife.

Jim was admitted to the hospital Monday night.

Sunday night he had vomiting problems.
Monday he grew progressively weaker and felt like passing out after 30 seconds standing.
I took him to the hospital where he passed out and then started vomiting blood. Internal bleeding.
They put an ENT? tube down into his stomach and found both old and new blood.
He receieved:
the dreaded vitamin K shot IM.
4 units frozen plasma
8 units of blood
lots of IV fluids
no liquids or fluids until today-now clear liquids.
He has had an upper GI scope -showed a tear in his stomach and a clot over
the tear
echocardiogram
will have another scope tomorrow
He is not receiving coumadin, yesterday they gave him heparin
subcutaneously. When they stopped coumadin his stroke risk was 85 %,
with the heparin his risk has dropped to 40%
Today they moved him out of ICU to a step down - PCU?
The prognosis looks better today.

Shirley

Shirley,
Jim's in my prayers.
My cousin suffered from a similar episode before Thanksgiving and was very ill. However, he recovered and is now doing fine. I'm sure Jim will pull through this better than ever.

Shirley, thanks for the report. I'm glad to hear things are looking up. You are a VERY good wife for getting him to the ER when you did. I'll be praying and watching for further news.

Shirley..Please tell Jim that I/we are all praying for him.....Jim is always the first one on Sunday Night chat. head..moderator......He stays for most of the time..making sure things run smoothly..and so helpful to many of us..if we need a question answered..like how far from someplace..He can leave and be back with the answer in a few minutes..:) ......One of the favorite members of VR.Com...Please try to update us again soon..Bonnie

Shirley:

Our thoughts and prayers are with the two of you during this very stressful time. I just know this will pass and the results will be positive.

I, too, am the spouse of one who has a mechanical valve and who has been hospitalized several times for internal bleeding. The most recent event for us was last September. It is so hard to be the support and know that you have to keep your strength so you can share it with your loved one....but you can do it, and you will do it. I know you will.

I shall keep you both in my heart for now. Please remember to take care of yourself. Rest when you can. Smiling helps...especially when you would rather not.

Al and I will be thinking of you both and looking forward to the time when you both will smile about this and have interesting stories to tell.

Kind regards,
Blanche and Al

Thanks so much for letting us know he's doing better. (You know we worry.) I will continue to keep in close in prayer.

They'll go in again with the scope and cauterize the area I do believe. Did they give him all that blood? I know I lost 4 pretty quickly. Prayers continue.

Shirley,
Please give Jim my best wishes and certainly for you as well.
I hope they get this under control soon.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Jim, he came down to our nieghborhood one day and we had lunch.
What hospital is Jim in?
Rich

Shirley, I was sorry to read the other thread and I hope Jim will recover soon. Take care.

Shirley,

Definitely appreciate the update ... sorry I wasn't here last night when bvdr posted originally.

Thoughts/prayers coming to Jim ... and to you!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
CDshowcase=www.WRMN1410.com*SATURDAY.january26*2p-5p.and.8p-11p.CENTRAL
"Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope" ... Alabama ... 'Angels Among Us'

Shirley,
You and Jim are in our prayers. Sounds like things are improving. Please keep us posted.

With Prayers,

Latest posts

Back