Post Your Tattoos

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tats

Tats

No tats here, but I see more than my fair share as a high school principal. About a year ago several kids showed up at school after branding each other on their butts during a branding session at one of the local ranches. Those were fun calls to make to parents.

-Philip

No tats here, but I see more than my fair share as a high school principal. About a year ago several kids showed up at school after branding each other on their butts during a branding session at one of the local ranches. Those were fun calls to make to parents.

-Philip

Farm boys- nuff said. I grew up around them. They were the wildest group in school....and were all driving by the time they were 10!

M&m

M&m

I know most of you have seen one of my tattoos. I have two...the M&M and I have a zodiac tattoo on my right ankle. I got the M&M on my 21st B-Day in college and then two years later I got the one on my ankle. I had no idea that 10 years later I would have OHS and have my tattoo look like he is pointing at my scar like "what tha *!#%" The picture was taken about 3 months after surgery....enjoy. :)

back.jpg

That's about half of my work. Do I win? :)
-Wade

p.s. found this thread in my search to see if I will still be able to get tattooed while on thinners.
-w

has anyone had a tattoo applied to their scar? any problems? dangerous?
painful? tattoo won't 'draw' properly?

i like the zipper & zipper-pull idea, and there's some decent tattoo artists here,
and, like, i need a reason to drink (more).

but i'd hate to have to shave my chest again.

has anyone had a tattoo applied to their scar? any problems? dangerous?
painful? tattoo won't 'draw' properly?

i like the zipper & zipper-pull idea, and there's some decent tattoo artists here,
and, like, i need a reason to drink (more).

but i'd hate to have to shave my chest again.

I posted this back in July 2008:

"Here's a Zipper Tattoo that I think looks pretty good; "My Grandpa with his Zipper Tattoo" (its not my Grandpa, its somebody else's):

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/hot_ink_tattoo001.html

If you click on the picture it blows it up full screen"

I've never had a tattoo but I've heard that any time a tattoo is applied over bone there is possibility of it being (more) painful for recipient. I don't think a tattoo would work that well over a keloid either, but if the scar is not keloided it would probably work okay. And, there has been plenty of discussion about how the ink might spread some if you're on anticoagulant and thus the tattoo might not come out as good as on an unanticoagulated person.

unfortunately, once the hair grows back, a zipper would be invisible under all
the fur. in fact, i think almost the entire scar will be invisible. if only the top
can be seen, then at most i'd go with the zipper pull. or maybe:

1) a beer can pull tab (we still got 'em here)
2) a tentacle coming out the top of the scar.

i'll definitely wait until my 90 days of coumadin are complete. i never
would have thought a blood-thinner is also an ink-thinner.

that's a cool grampa!

hmmm, maybe the tentacles aren't such a great idea after all.
(scar borrowed from wcasey)

You can tattoo over scars after they lose their red color and flatten out. They don't hold ink as well as normal skin, but you can pound it in there.
Bone has little to do with tattoo pain. They are more painful where skin is protected and sensitive. Where the nerve bundles are. Your bones don't feel pain, your nerves do.

For example my elbow, all bone, hurt very little as it's rough desensitized skin. Same on the ankle.
The inside of the upper arms and my side piece over my kidney area, very fleshy, very sensitive, hurt the most.
Think about the places where you are ticklish or it hurts real bad to be pinched. That's where tatts are a killer.

I have 17 and the one on the back hurt the most. Wade is right. Back of my legs hurt also. I would not get that needle close to your scar. That will be painful

the fur. in fact, i think almost the entire scar will be invisible. if only the top

that's a cool grampa!

JUstin has a zipper pull at the top of his scar http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26101
the tat guys said it would hurt bad,, but Justin said it wasn't awful BUT Justin has been thru quite alot of pain ful things and is pretty good at blocking pain. This was at about 1 year after his last surgery

that's a cool grampa!

ChouDoufu, this will take care of that fur on your chest, and then you can get the zipper tattoo you know you need and want, otherwise you wouldn't have inquired about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIiY-5NPV64&feature=related

thank you dtread, you have convinced me. no zipper. nonononono.
i can't imagine the pain of hair removal over a scar.

lynlw, here's justin in an alternate universe with a pulltab....

thank you dtread, you have convinced me. no zipper. nonononono.
i can't imagine the pain of hair removal over a scar.

lynlw, here's justin in an alternate universe with a pulltab....

thanks now I am quite happy he chose a zipper (those are his initials btw, he said if he only had 1 surgeon he would have had their intials, but he's had 4 now lol) and not a beer tab or tentacles :)

Ok I have a question. How do you get the full size pics on your posts? I have tried to figure it out. I'd love to share my pics of my ink. I did ask my surgeons nurse practitioner if I could have them while on ACT. She said and I quote."After all you've been through you want more tattoos. No you can't" I asked my cardio and said that he didn't see why not. I think it was that she was morally opposed to them.

My wife was getting tattooed on Friday, by the same guy who did my upper arm. She asked him about tattooing people on blood thinners, and he said they do it often. He said they turn out fine and the healing process isn't much worse than normal.

He also said some people don't take their thinners the day before with permission from their Dr.

I think it will also depend on the artist. My guy has a light tough and I barely bleed at all under his machine. I have been hammered by lesser artists and bled/scarred badly because of it.

-Wade

Wade, when the guy mentions "thinners" does he in fact mean warfarin or something else like Plavix or Aspirin?
Skipping warfarin the day before a tatt would not be a very smart thing to do!! :(
Just my opinion.

well after my surgery when I was 20 I started coumadin and was told no ink for me.. so no tattoos here.. I had a belly ring when I went in for surgery and they brought it out to my parents while in surgery, can you imagine? lol

I'm gonna try with a small one first and see what happens. If that works then I'll go and finnish a piece on my fore arm. And thanks for the tutorial.

Latest posts

Back