Post Your Tattoos

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff Man

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hey, we're all pretty serious here so I figured some show and tell would be fun. Most people I know love to show off their tattoos, so here's a chance for you to show yours!

I have a couple meaningful tattoos. You guys are special because I don't show anyone the one I'm about to show you unless I have to. Before VR.com no one in my world knew how much it means to me or where I'm coming from with it, and I've had some weird reactions that I didn't like. There's a stigma with being scared or proactive with your health problems and to some this is probably a huge red flag for hypochondria.

Anyway, it's surprising how fast your muscles can fade away. I stopped lifting and it's almost like they deflate. I was only flexing A LITTLE. :D It's my true EKG traced out on to my arm. It's never broken. Normal sinus rhythm with
sinus arrythmia and early repolarization.

ekgtattooaw1.jpg

Let's see yours!

Never could understand getting any tatoo's. Marking up your body on purpose and all. I have enough markings on my body with all the surgerys don't want to add more. Plus it looks painful!!!!!! No extra needles for me. :eek:

Wish I could get one. I told my surgeon I was going to turn my OHS scar into a long stemmed rose. But now I think if I could get a tattoo it would be the Navy emblem in honor of my Dad. He had one on his forearm and I think I was in grade school before I realized that not all dads had tattoos.

Aaron, I think yours is really cool!

I think a zipper down the scar would be fun... or a dotted line that says "cut here." But I'm with CThrock. No extra needles for me! Besides, I would never be able to figure out what I'd still want on my body when I'm old and saggy. ;)

"Besides, I would never be able to figure out what I'd still want on my body when I'm old and saggy"

I was in a store one day and there was a lady in the store who was old and saggy. She had an elaborate tattoo on her lower leg and ankle. Probably at one time, it was an eye-catcher. People were still looking at it, but now, not for the same reasons.:eek:

A good friend's daughter got a tattoo right after she started college. It's a rose bud on her breast. When she showed my friend my friend quickly said "Wise choice. When you're 70 it will be a long stemmed rose.":p

That was cute Karlynn. I can just add that to my list of no way for tattoo's.
Hey Ross, Haven't seen anything to exciting yet with the tattoo's... Are you disappointed?

walt disney

walt disney

*No tattoos yet but~
I've always liked the idea of 'MICKEY MOUSE' playing golf.
I just don't know where to place it.
With my new valve functions, if I'm still around in 10 yrs,
then I will decide.

Aaron,
Morgan Here, I have a very meaningful tattoo myself, its a celtic trinity heart, to me the 3 points of the triquetra mean "body" "mind" and "spirit" they are a symbol of wholeness, the heart that is also a part of the knot symbolizes that my heart issues (congenital=since birth) have made me a stronger person, as a whole (the more loops in a knot make it stronger) the "neverendingness" of the knot symbolizes that life is a cycle, life goes on, since the picture I took here I have added:

"rain falls in real time and rain fell through the night, no dress rehearsal, this is our life" (The Tragically Hip "Ahead By a Century"")

on a diagonal. following the contour of my calf, this quote, not only is my philosophy on life, but its by my favorite band, "The Tragically Hip" last year, after a cardiology appt where I was given news that I would need more surgery, I had an epiphany, and that was that I would not regret anything that I had done, nor would I wish that I had done something that I didnt do when I was laying on that operating table. kind of the philosophy that tomorrow isnt guaranteed, so you need to live for today: I need to make the best of now, because my functional ability is going to be going downhill as my valves get worse, I wont be able to do as much as I can now, so I gotta do as much as I can while I still can, so for me, this quote symbolizes my philosophy on life. Hell, I can tell the difference almost day to day on my functional abilities, I know things are only gonna get worse, I dont have time to waste

I'll post a pic with the quote when I get one, I just dont have one at this point, and my camera is broken

laters

Morgan, 21

How about a zipper pull at the end of the incision....I think that is so funny. I just don't know that I would do it

Just
KathyM

I sure wish I could have one....BUTTTTTT.....

I sure wish I could have one....BUTTTTTT.....

I would love to have a tatoo of Snoopy, but I don't dare to considering I cannot even wear a watch, any kind of jewlery as I am alergic to most anything, except clothes that comes in contact with my skin. :mad::eek::mad:
Harrybaby

Tattoo

Tattoo

Although I don't have any tattoos, here's a picture of one that I think would be appropriate. I like the zipper idea also. But I bet that would be painful to get put on. It would give the doctors a chuckle the next time they cut you open.

-Dan

I have one, not a picture though. Actually I want to have it removed so I could get something else. However since Im on Coumadin I've been told that tatoos are off limits :mad: Has anyone else been told this ? I assume that the bleeding that happens would be more substantial and probably cause the ink to smudge some.

I would believe it because......

I would believe it because......

I have one, not a picture though. Actually I want to have it removed so I could get something else. However since Im on Coumadin I've been told that tatoos are off limits :mad: Has anyone else been told this ? I assume that the bleeding that happens would be more substantial and probably cause the ink to smudge some.

I have a close friend that just got a tatoo in February and she just colored her hair a couple of weeks ago and had an allergic reaction that sent her to the ER...I know because I took her to the hospital and her face was blown up like you wouldn't believe and fluid was leaking from EVERYWHERE...her eyes, her scalp, her neck....The hair color had a warning on the side of the box that warned if you had a tatoo that this reaction could happen, but we didn't see it until after the reaction happened. I would play it safe, as this is your heart we are dealing with here. I don't mean to be discouraging, but I do want to see you stay safe. Harrybaby:eek::D:eek::D

Latest posts

Back