post surgery update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had my first post-op follow-up with my surgeon today. My chest x-ray looked great. My sternum wires are in prestine condition and you could clearly see the leaflets on my new ON-X Aortic Valve. The healing continues near perfect. I do not need to see him till March 18th, 2014.(My one-year anniversary day.):thumbup:

Last edited:
Great news HOTS!!!

With regards to putting on weight after surgery - I had a really hard time with that!!!! In fact before surgery I never thought I could be too skinny - boy was I wrong! I lost 7lbs after surgery dropping my weight down to 111-112 - I looked malnourished even weeks afterwards -- and I ate and ate and ate - six times a day - it was GREAT!!!

I think it took me about 4 to 6 months before I realized that I didn't need to eat so much as my weight returned to normal

Keep up the great work!!!

I just installed my new license plate on my car- BAV-SRVR. " BICUSPID AORTIC VALVE SURVIVOR." I also just got my t-shirt from ON-X and my ring which is made out of the same carbon as my valve. Pretty Cool!:thumbup:

I had my first post surgery echo today. The technician asked - "What did you have done?" AVR with ON-X Valve and complete hemi-arch reconstruction. "Who did this"? "Dr. Joseph Bavaria at Penn." It's perfect!" (My entire ascending aorta was replaced it was 4.9 cm dialated and ready to blow.....my surgery clearly saved my life!) Nine weeks post-op today. Back to work June 3rd. Two weeks early!

Last edited:
Bravo heart of sunrise! My surgery is set for this Thursday May 23rd. Your post op has been very encouraging! Also, I look forward to getting my on-x valve ring and gift cards in the mail! Thanks for the letting us know about the little perk! You keep on keeping on. I love reading your posts! See ya on the other side of the mountain. :)

Oh No.......Last Free Weekend

Oh No.......Last Free Weekend

I had my first post surgery echo today. The technician asked - "What did you have done?" AVR with ON-X Valve and complete hemi-arch reconstruction. "Who did this"? "Dr. Joseph Bavaria at Penn." It's perfect!" (My entire ascending aorta was replaced it was 4.9 cm dialated and ready to blow.....my surgery clearly saved my life!) Nine weeks post-op today. Back to work June 3rd. Two weeks early!

You have done so well thru ur recovery thus far. Keep up the good work, and enjoy ur last free weekend before the grind continues on Monday!!!

Latest posts

Back