post op pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darla33

I still have pain 4 weeks post op. I had homograph aortic replacement due to endocarditis. I still have overall chest pain. It seems the pain goes from one area of chest to the next. Ive been off and on with pain meds and tylenol. When does the pain subside? Is this anything to worry about? Help!

I still have pain 4 weeks post op. I had homograph aortic replacement due to endocarditis. I still have overall chest pain. It seems the pain goes from one area of chest to the next. Ive been off and on with pain meds and tylenol. When does the pain subside? Is this anything to worry about? Help!

Have you told the doctor? If so did they do any test like an echo?
It could me normal post op pain, but if it seemed to be getting better and then worse, I would call just to be safe. I probably would be even more careful since you had BE

Yes i did tell tue doc but they seem to think its normal due to my younger age. Last echo i had was when i left hospital and was normal.

How severe is the pain? I had drop to my knees pain when I coughed day 5 post-op, but it rapidly decreased in intensity. If your pain is bad enough to still need pain meds, I'd raise a ruckus with my cardio to do something about it or pinpoint the cause.

I am 5 weeks post op & still having chest pain too. My surgeon said this was normal. I am going to my cardiologist on monday cuz i just dont feel right.

I still am in some pain, too ... and my OHS was 11/11/2011. Maybe it is a matter of what type and to what degree of pain you can stand...?

Any other symptoms or aches, other than the pain you describe? For me ... I've had more pain with my back, neck and butt, than my chest....

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Yuletide carols being sung by a choir" __ Nat King Cole __ 'The Christmas Song'

I had moderate pain for some time post-op, but it finally subsided at about 4-6 weeks. I am at 12 weeks and have (what I consider) very, very little pain, only an occassional chest soreness. Your body just underwent a lot of drama and you need some rest to recover. Always check with your doctors about any concerns. If they agree, try taking more walks around the neigborhood. Social interaction always seemed to help me. When I took my heart pillow on walks, it always brought a smile, support and a positive comment from people on the street. You might be suprised at how many cardiac are in your neighborhood and that they understand what you are going through.

Ron

Back