Post Op day 1

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXWildflower

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Greetings from Austin! Rhena is progressing at a rapid pace thathas amazed the physicians and nurses. Intubation tube came out a couple of hours after the surgery and was able to come off oxygen at 3AM this morning. I stayed with her last night and she slept off an on waking up to do her breathing and coughing. Pain under control with only Narco and Zofran to control nausea. Up for 2 hours in chair this morning and ate a few bites of breakfast. She has been up 2 more times since then. I went home to get some sleep this morning but I understand more tubes have been dc'd. Hasn't lost her sense of humor. When they told her she had gained 3 lbs of fluid since surgery she blalmed it on the 3 graham crackers they gave her during the night. Staying in CCU tonight and the staff is fabulous. I may stay home tonight because we are expecting 1-2 inches of snow and we just don't do snow in Austin. She was touched that so many of you responded after my post yesterday and she sends her love. Thank you all, Rhonda

What a relief that she is doing fine. Prayers and positive energy continue to come her way. Thanks so much for the update.

Jeri

Wow, way to go, Rhena! So glad you are doing well. And don't worry about that 3 pounds -- we won't tote it up in the Throwdown! You get a pass. :D

You are indeed sounding like Wonder Woman with a sense of humor. :D Take everything gradually, slow and steady. Do your breathing exercises, walking when they get you up, and get your rest (as well as you can in the hospital). And get your nourishment, guilt-free -- hope the hospital offers some good meals.

Sending all best wishes for a continued smooth recovery. Thanks for posting, Rhonda.

It's lovely to read that Rhena is doing so well. I think I gained 11 pounds immediately after surgery so a three pound gain is nothing to worry about.
Tell her she's always in my thoughts.
Mary

So wonderful to know that Rhena is progressing so well! Won't be long before she's home!!!

Give her a BIG, but gentle hug from me and thank you keeping us updated on her! :)

Latest posts

Back