Pneumovax

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Done that.
Made my arm hurt like heck for 3 days, worse than the flu shot. But worth it, as someone who once had "a light case" of pneumonia. Yuck. Never again, if I can avoid it.

I got a pneumonia shot after my heart cath scan and a flu shot week later, not sure if it was the one you mention or not.
Both were recommended to get before my operation took place.

Brad

Yup. Done that.
Made my arm hurt like heck for 3 days, worse than the flu shot. But worth it, as someone who once had "a light case" of pneumonia. Yuck. Never again, if I can avoid it.

Ditto for me too. Just getting over a slight case of pneumonia and had my pneumonia shot last year and was told it was good for a life time. I'm thinking that if hadn't received the vaccine my bout with pneumonia could have been much worse.

I was given this shot while recovering from my AVR surgery in the hospital. Hurt my arm pretty well for a couple of days too, but I would think that's way better than going through pneumonia. I was also told that I would need a booster shot within five years. I believe that's reccomended for high risk individuals and people getting the shot that are under 65 years old(like me)
Dan

I was given this shot while recovering from my AVR surgery in the hospital. Hurt my arm pretty well for a couple of days too, but I would think that's way better than going through pneumonia. I was also told that I would need a booster shot within five years. I believe that's reccomended for high risk individuals and people getting the shot that are under 65 years old(like me)
Dan

I have the same 5 year booster advice .......got Pneumovax II (pneumococcal vaccine) in right arm and flu shot in left or was that ...............either way NO reaction day 1 or 2 BUT DAY THREE (3) eowser thought I should \be in traction

Yes, I'm on that 5 year list. I got it the year of my MvR, and redid it this year, the 5th anniversary of MVR. I guess I have to keep up with that until I get past 65?
Funny, Walmart filed the claim with UHC, and I never ever got a EOB on it. I wonder if Walmart ever got paid?

Latest posts

Back