Picture of the back of CoaguChek XS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGymGuy

Anyone that has gotten the monitor in the past 12 month would you mind taking a picture of the back of it.
I am looking to buy one at some point soon and want to make sure I do not buy a 7+ year old model.

I have 2 images here of the backs and they both look different, so I am trying to learn how to distinguish and newer model from the older one.

$(KGrHqZHJCoE9!KpcKjGBPSC9tOO9w~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!oEE8U4!mcz7BPVO63LGFQ~~60_57.JPG

or

$(KGrHqF,!oEE8U4!mcz7BPVO63LGFQ~~60_57.jpg

My monitor has the same Cat/Typ number (missing the first 0) as picture 2 and I've had mine since 2009, but the whole lay out of the back of the symbols is completely different.

Can't find anything on the web.

Last edited:
Although I don't know too much about the meter, I do know that the difference in the back of meter likely has to do with regulatory aspects of device. The first picture is likely on a newer model although no specific year is mentioned than the second picture. If you compare, note that there are more icons. This is a medical device regulation which is intended to be more user friendly to understand the power requirements of the device. So I can only speculate that the one with lesss icons is a older model, but now way to tell when was manufactured (year wise).

The back of mine is identical to picture 2. I bought mine new from Roche in December 2011, so I would say that picture 2 is a new model, unless there has been an update in the last few months. Either that, or picture 2 is designed for European sales.

I got mine on Tuesday this week and its like # 2. I like knowing my INR in minutes versus 1 somtimes 2 days from the Coumadin clinic. Just don't set the softclix at #5 for your first check. (its not so soft at that setting)

Latest posts

Back