"Pick a date!"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussigal

Ok...I am back from meeting my new best friend John the surgeon!:D

now I have to play "pick-a-date!

and come up with some date in the near future that is not the first 2 weeks of May...and also before I chicken-out and go running off to Queensland!

Have got my Cath-Angio (ouchee!) booked for Tuesday28th March
and can chose any day I like for the other bit :eek: ...

I think I am getting ready to chicken-out about now!

Any volunteers to come hold my hand through this?

Surgeon-John advised me to go for before our winter rather than later and that sorta leaves me with April or the last half of May chose from which is like really soon and really-really soon!

My blood pressure says get it over with now and get back to life ASAP...

Far-out now I dont know what date to pick, we have Easter and some school holidays all-together too...

Maybe I should just throw a dart at a calender and go for the date it picks for me?!

...now I am starting to get nervous...its really gonna happen...

Pay for the ticket and I will hold your hand! :D

Congratulations! May I suggest you pick April 31st;) (yes, I know there is no 31st in April)

Or you could pick April 1st. Then you could tell yourself it's all a sick joke.

Good luck with whatever date you pick.

Toni - WOW!!! You get to pick a date - am really glad that you have got your answers and now it is all go from here!! Look forward to hearing more about your experiences and ultimately about your successful surgery :)

It's game time, no more warming the bench

It's game time, no more warming the bench

Congratulations!! (not sure if this is the correct term for pending heart surgery).:rolleyes: At last you can move out of the waiting room I could tell you were getting frustrated being there. I trust the doctor thinks you are long enough smoke free now. Just pick a date that is convenient and go for it. At least I didn't have to pick a date for my surgery. The Angio is a bit of a non event, so the 28th should be no drama. I would hold your hand through it but Melbourne-Perth is just a bit far. Let us know how the 28th goes. :) I found the main event nothing like as bad as I imagined, however I was in class 4 heart failure and this was much worse than the surgery. As I got a tissue valve I will get another crack at it in 10+ years. :)

Earlier is better. You get it over with and you can walk outside instead of being a hamster on a treadmill if the weather's too cold.

Nike said it best: Just do it!

Best wishes,

Hi TON!!! Wow. Moving right along. Well, Hey! I'm just finishing up my own thread about my visit yesterday with the surgeon. He told me to pick a Tuesday! I'm thinking April 18th. What do you think? Maybe we can go at this as a pair, after all!!

We won't let you chicken out, so don't worry about that. If you have any questions about the heart cath, you can read my thread from afew weeks ago where I got so much good advice and reassurance.

I'll be back in a few hours with my date, as I'm going to call as soon as their office opens. Funny how I woke up wide awake at 4am this morning. It's a wide awake kind of thing to think about!!

Later, then!

Marguerite

Hey Ton,
You know what they always say, Be careful what you wish for; you might get it!" :D :D :D
I agree with Tobagotwo; I'd go early rather than later. The waiting can drive you crazy. I had a month to think about mine, but it seemed like six months.
Good luck and congratulations.:)
Mary

Wow...who's a fast mover? :D I just logged in to see if there was any word on your meeting with the surgeon...I wasn't expecting this! I'm sure you have to sort out childcare, school hols etc, but once that's done, I would say pick the earliest date possible. The stress of waiting will not be good for your blood pressure!!

I wish you all the very best in the coming months. Please know that you have a whole cyber family thinking and praying for you.

Maureen

Get it done as soon as you can!!!! The less time to think about it the better off you are!!! Rose

Onward, Ton! Good for you! Just go in with Marguerite on the 18th and you can play "Push-me-pull-you" through recovery!:D

If this were a poll, I think all votes would be in the SOONER column. Yep, get it over with. Who needs the stress of a long wait? Congratulations on your new best friend!

You are half way up the hill now. The Angio was okay not at all as bad as we all dreaded. Scary yes, but no more waiting. I can attest the WAITING is the WORST part. let us know when you pick a date. I will send my cousin to wish you well. She is in Oceangrove and is antcipating her second OHS surgery soon. Her first was a tissue valve 25 years ago. NOT BAD. Longer than she expected.Best Wishes:) :)

I feel SO much better after my surgery that I am definitely in the sooner category. Get it done and move on to a better life!

Arlene

I would book as soon as your Cath is over...I know that is next week..but, you don't want to wait..I had to wait 3 days..and it was awful....Family tried to make me feel good...(taking me to watch Grandson play ball, out for breakfast, ect..) I clinged to my daughter's side for those 3 days..Afraid to be away from her...Bless her heart..she took off from work until my surgery was over..staying 24 hours with me in hospital...for 6 days...She was my Rock and my Hubby's, too.:) Drove me back to her house for recovery. After we arrived, I thought, no, she has her own life, work, ect. and made her bring me home the same day...And go back home to her Hubby, work, ect..I'm sure you have a great family to support you...Get it over with...bonnie

I have the feeling you'll be happier with the sooner choice. You'll just have that many less weeks feeling nervous in the waiting room. It depends on how much time you need to get emotionally geared up, though--but it sounds like you're almost there already!

I'm a no procrastination kind of person so despite the fact that I would like some company April 27 I would take the early date and go with Marguerite.
I will be cheering and praying for all of you.
Philip

After 1 sleepless night and now all your wonderful posts I feel energised strangely :D ...

I think I will take advantage of Marguerites double-deal-offer and go with whatever day she choses...that way we can all worry one less day ...
We can share recovery stories and compare notes.

The kids are fine and sorted., Hubby is more than capable of looking after them and I couldnt bear to wait this out for months. None of the other stuff really matters . Tuesdays are good...as mum is busy/distracted with her regular "old-girls-days" and Hubby doesnt mind what day I pick,,,just hurry-up and get it over with he reckons.

OK so sooner it is...
hubby suggested next week too :rolleyes: yeah sure !...and here he is still hobbling around on crutches...what a team we would make! might wait another week or two until he is able to walk and drive again.

April sounds good Marguerite!
...which date are we going for?...the 18th you reckon?;) the Tuesday after Easter-Bunny looks good to me!...is that enough panicking & cleaning time? I think so....

Sooner!

Sooner!

Another vote here for sooner. Better to get it done with, rather than think about it for too long. A couple days after my surgery, I was so glad I it was over with, and back on the road to recovery. :)

-Paul

Hey AussieFriend :)

I would readily extend my hand across ocean for you :) You have lots of hand holding, we will all have to share fingers!

Sounds like the boys and hubby are all situated then. The waiting is the hardest. How far away are you going to be from home? Sorry if you posted this and I missed it... Are your boys going to be able to visit you?

Keep us posted okay. I am still here but it is hit and miss with alot of posts as all my docs are back from vacation and work is busy busy.

Latest posts

Back