Passed on the Heart Surgery now Knee Surgery! Need information

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sylgeren

Well just when you think everything is going good, another milestone is ahead of me. I've had knee problem before my heart surgery, but never thought it would come to this. I am really scared, I know nothing and at least when I was going into heart surgery I found all of you to answer my questions and give a lot of heart warming words.

I really don't know all the medical words to describe what I will be having but here goes. They will go into my knee with a fibroctic light and scrap all spurs and anything else they find in there.

Then since I have no carthliege left they will replace it with some li
quid made of silicone. Should only miss a couple of days of work, and not too much pain. I will appreciate any comments on this.

I will be going for surgery March 21 and so I have plenty of time to get some help and information.

Thanks , Sylvia G.

My husband had arthroscopic knee surgery yrs ago and both my parents have had a knee replaced.
The key is to walk on it as soon as possible and make your recovery go faster because of it.
My Dad needed more pain meds than my Mom.
But, they both are doing really well ( in their 80's).
Gail

Hey Syl, my mom had a total knee replacement back in 1993. She actually got a cement and plastic knee and was out of work for quite some time. She had to use a walker and the weights and all that. She has a scar and the knee is huge in itself. She does well though, and goes to dances and has a great time! She now has to have her foot rebuilt(hammertoes) and her right elbow replaced. She has an inflammatory type of arthritis that isn't rheumatiod. They aren't sure what the name of it is. I wish you luck, though. It sounds like you should be in and out of the hospital. I have no info on the type of knee you are about to have.

I had my left shoulder rotator cuff repaired orthoscopically at 5 months after avr & pacemaker and a rotator cuff surgery at 10 months. No problem due to the avr stuff. In fact, you are much better off after avr than before. And with the leg, remember, no pain, no gain. The movements keep the scar tissue from screwing things up or together or whatever. My meals on wheels partner had knee replacement less than a year ago. She outruns me now, and goes to the gym every day. She is older also.
I had knee ortho a year before my avr. That is doing fine too.
Don't worry about the heart. In fact, this will get your mind away from that.
And the bottom line, follow the doc's directions.

Latest posts

Back