Pain increasing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to see my cardiologist today and we discussed much including the increased pain. He said that it is likely due to small fractures in my ribs. It happens sometimes especially during limited sternotomy since they need to open so wide can cause small fractures in ribs. He told me not much to do about it - will heal on its own. Everything else looks good, incision healing nicely, valve sounds great. He ordered cardiac rehab at the closest hospital near my home, should begin next week.

I'm hanging in there and will stop making the bed for awhile! ;)

I went to see my cardiologist today and we discussed much including the increased pain. He said that it is likely due to small fractures in my ribs. It happens sometimes especially during limited sternotomy since they need to open so wide can cause small fractures in ribs. He told me not much to do about it - will heal on its own. Everything else looks good, incision healing nicely, valve sounds great. He ordered cardiac rehab at the closest hospital near my home, should begin next week.

I'm hanging in there and will stop making the bed for awhile! ;)

I'll quit making my bed too in solidarity!!!:):):)

I hope things improve Lori. I agree with the others, it is hard not to do a little too much. My wife chased me down today when she caught me mowing the lawn. But, guess what? She volunteered to do it. How is that for success?

I then took her out for a pedicure (me too).

Interesting about the rib fractures with a mini sternotomy. My full sternotomy this time seems to be hurting quite a bit less than the mini did last time.

Hang in there. We're coming along...

When I had my surgery - my doctor told me no upper body exercise for 2 months. My husband sweetly did the laundry and brought the clothes up in baskets for me to fold. I folded 3 baskets of laundry and the next day I felt like I'd been hit by a cannon ball. I never considered the movements of folding laundry would be upper body exercise.

So take advantage of this - it's a great way to pawn of chores you don't want to do!

Latest posts

Back