Packing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Valerie,
You will be in my thoughts and prayers on your upcoming OHS.
I took my own homemade blankie and my own pillow, made me feel more comfy being in the hospital. I also took my own shampoo and conditioner for my shower the day I went home.
I also took my own kleenex because the hospital was to rough in my nose. I took books and puzzles so when I could'nt sleep or got up early to keep myself busy when I was'nt walking. :) Time will go by fast and you will be doing alot of healing and walking.
Plus, probally alot of vistors.
Good Luck and God Bless. Will be waiting to hear all about it soon. :)

At the Cleveland Clinic they had waterless shampoo that the aides would use and massage in my hair and then towel dry. It made me feel a little cleaner. They also have something like this at outdoor/hiking type stores. I also was happy to have some warm socks, a robe that buttoned up the front and chapstick. Take some magazines that don't require much reading or thinking--you probably won't have much of an attention span. Good luck!!

At the Cleveland Clinic they had waterless shampoo that the aides would use and massage in my hair and then towel dry. It made me feel a little cleaner. They also have something like this at outdoor/hiking type stores. I also was happy to have some warm socks, a robe that buttoned up the front and chapstick. Take some magazines that don't require much reading or thinking--you probably won't have much of an attention span. Good luck!!

It's probably late now, but Alot of the stores like sephora ulta, sally beauty have all kinds of either "dry shampoos, which are like powder, or wet refresher sprays like jonathan's redo (which is what Justin uses after surgery)http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=C17780

thanks guys....i think I packed, repacked, and packed again yesterday....and may repack again tonight.

i did get some babypowder for the oily hair. and some of the no rinse shampoo also. word puzzles and one book that i have been reading on. and Spray on Deodrant....yeppee, cause Im making them sneak that in the ICU cause I cant stand this no deodrant thing...at least if they spray it on my gown ill smell good

Thanks guys!

I missed my own face soap and moisturizer. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to pack that.

I just have to ask. How do you women find time to apply these things after OHS? I mean seriously. You are allowed to look a little messed up for a few days.

Nurses and doctors know a female patient is feeling better when they enter the room and find she has applied lipstick and mascara. :)

I just have to ask. How do you women find time to apply these things after OHS? I mean seriously. You are allowed to look a little messed up for a few days.

LOL -- I'm with Ross on being baffled about that. :p:p:p Of course, I had a male perspective and was content to just lie there looking messed up and let the cute female nurses worry about tidying me up. :D

Latest posts

Back