Packing the suitcase, leaving for the airport at 4:00 a.m. !

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canon4me

Took the dogs to be boarded this afternoon. Hated doing that and they weren't happy either. House is cleaned and ready for our return. Unplugged all unnecessary electronics. We are getting up at 3:00 am to shower and take off to the airport for our flight to Cleveland via one hour layover in Minneapolis. Crazy how this has taken weeks planning with all facets of our lives and yet for the surgeon it will be just another day at work and when his day is done he will be at home the evening after my surgery sitting in his favorite chair watching the national news getting ready to sit down for dinner with his family. Funny how life works. Anyway, won't be too long now, after have been waiting for twenty years! I've got a great woman traveling with me that I've been married to for 25 years. God on my side, great wife, great kids, great surgeon. What more could a guy ask for! Well, maybe a little luck would be nice:)

Prayers for your surgery team, wishes for a "smooth" surgery:), and hope you will see your clean house soon!

Canon: Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. I'll be in CA having my surgery the same day as yours. We can compare recovery notes when we are both on the other side of the mountain! - Suzanne

Suzanne, wishing for you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery as well. Hoping you and I will add to our respective medical institutions "good" statistics!

Hello! Good Luck to you! I am one year (May12) out from my surgery at the Cleveland Clinic with Dr P. I also traveled via plane to Cleveland for my valve replacement and aneurysm repair. No problems at all with the travel and follow on stay at the onsite hotel. Was chauffeured by CC car service to the airport for the return flight and used the airport wheelchair from the curb to the plane. I am so thankful I had the opportunity to have the expert hands of my surgeon and the excellent experienced cardiac staff of the CC. You are in good care from start to finish and hopefully will have the best chance to experience a smooth surgery and swift bump-free recovery. Good Luck! Thinking of you and yours.
(I remember checking this very msg board the night before my surgery! :))

Latest posts

Back