Our update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma

Hi all,
Sorry (again!) not to have been in touch much lately. Just had so much on my mind that it's about all I can to log on the computer, let alone post a lot. But as always, I do think of everyone and post when I can.

So us...

Well, Chloe turned 9 on Friday - halloween. She was sooo excited and loved her special day with lots of presents and relatives visiting and her halloween party with cousins (her bowling birthday party with friends is next Sunday).
She's doing well heart wise and just seems to gain in energy, and volume(!!!) every day.

Baby is now due in 4 days but showing no real signs of wanting to budge! This one's going to be stubborn I think. I have another growth scan and consultant appointment tomorrow to see how big she is and discuss possible induction as she is quite big. Last scan was at 36 weeks and they estimated her weight to be 7lb12 at that stage already!!
VERY scared of the idea of induction but will go with whatever the doctors say is best for baby. Am desperate to have baby here with me now, especially as the last week I have been even more nervous with it being the anniversary of the day we lost our baby Callum last year (26th October).

So it's just a waiting game here for now. Will let you all know about the new arrival as and when.

Thinking of you all, especially those going through surgeries and having hard times for other reasons.

Lots of love
Emma
xxx

Emma, It is so good to hear from you! Happy Birthday to Chloe and we will excitedly await news of the birth of her sister. You all will be in our prayers and thoughts.

I'm so glad to read an update, Emma! Happy belated Birthday to dear Chloe!
Condolences, once again, for your loss of Callum. I know this is a bittersweet time for you and Jason.
I can't wait to see the announcement that your little baby girl has arrived and will anxiously await first pictures!
Love and God Bless,
Mary

Wishing you all the very best for a smooth (and quick) delivery.

Thanks for checking in and we look forward to pictures very soon.

OK Emma, it's time to have that baby now. We need pics of mom and family both before and after!

Oh how exciting!!! A sister for Chloe! And a good thing she didn't arrive on Chloe's birthday.... that would be too much hullaballoo on one day every year! :D

I bet you are ready to pop! Waiting there near the end is so frustrating. Not knowing whether every twinge is the beginning of the big arrival. I hope you have rested well overnight and have your suitcase packed and your hopes high!! I hope the news from your doctor is promising!!

My third pregnancy was very different from my first two. The result was the most beautiful, strong, brilliant daughter who just turned 21 last summer. The doctors don't do this anymore, they let me go way too long, I think!! She was born, naturally, 3 weeks past her due date and weighed in at 10 lb 4 oz. :eek:. They did send me in for an induction at 2 weeks post due date and they gave up after 12 hours and sent me home. Failed induction!! The pitocin (the drug they used to use, don't know if they still do) was very gently regulated. It is not too scary, really. But please, if they do induce, don't let your husband go off to get coffee or lunch. Make him stay by your side. The only fright I had during that day was when my hubby left and I had a whalloping contraction all alone and it wasn't any fun. Then of course, no one believes you!! :p

Mary had it right when she said it must be a bittersweet time for you with your memories of Callum. But the girls have a brother watching over them, don't they.

My very best wishes and hopes are with you!! I know you will do fine!! You have people all across America (and farther!) cheering for you, you know!

Keep us posted!

Marguerite

Happy 9th Birthday Chloe!..

....hope your camera is ready and charged up for the imminent big day!

Best wishes for a speedy and safe delivery of your baby girl...

Emma, This must be intense! I can't imagine what it is like. I am so glad to read your post, and to know you are all well. Really heartwarming. Thanks! Brian

Hi all,
Still here i'm afraid and baby is being very stubborn! lol
Having a few pains tonight though so not sure if that will turn into anything but am booked in for induction tomorrow lunchtime anyway so assuming a bed is available she will be making her arrival within the next couple of days!! Can't decided whether I am terrified or excited and think it must be a mixture of both.

Will let you know of her arrival as soon as I can get back on here and am home safely with her.

Thankyou so much for all the messages!!! They mean a lot to me as always!

Love Emma
xxx

I missed your update - for some reason. I can't believe Chloe is 9!!!!! Wow. And I'm so glad to read she's doing well.

I look forward to the pictures of the "stubborn one" soon!

Best wishes!

Latest posts

Back