Orangebrittainy - post-op thread

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a pacer installed after my last surgery. It isn't bad at all. In fact, I have pics of me from ICU to going home, and after the pacer install you notice a night and day difference. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. I went from pale with my eyes sunken in to Pink and full of life literally. It's amazing what Eddison's Medicine(electricity) can do for ya. Get better soon so you can do more than just walk to your child. Get better so you can walk with him!!

PRAYING THAT IN FACT
smileyquoteunquote.gif
no news is good news
smileyquoteunquote.gif

Praying that the doctors decide soon and you will be back on your feet. Been thinking of you and your family since my husband Darren had his surgery the day before you. He is doing well except a small infection in his arm from an IV.

Britt's mom just sent this:

I just spoke to the ICU nurse and Britt did not have surgery today to have the pacemaker put in as her heart had started beating they way it should. However, the ICU nurse had just had Britt up and walking and her heart started beating at different rates and the temporary pacemaker kicked in. So, they are going to try and have her walk again later to see if the same thing happens or not. If it doesn't happen she will be moved into a step down room and will be able to have vistors and phone calls. If it does happen again the doctors will have to determine why it is happening and whether to have a permanent pace maker put in or not.

I just thought everyone would like an update!

Britt's Mom

Most recent info from Britt:

...the incident it didn't happen again, but I am stuck in ICU all weekend now. I think they are just going ahead with the pacemaker on Monday. I am aggravated, but I understand what's going on. I have still been doing all my own heart beating except for that one minute. They still don't know why it happened.

Let's keep praying and hoping for no pacemaker.

Latest posts

Back