Only a couple of weeks ago...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbyn

I was telling you good people how hard it was for me to get my INR into the right range.

Well today my INR is 5.2 that is up from 4.5 last week and 4.8 the week before, I was taking 18 mgs daily and she cut I down to 17.5 for the past week. I am unable to get hold of the clinic today and was wondering what a good dose would be for today. Hopefully she will call tomorrow.

Karlynn I know you take a high dose, would you stop today and then go with the 10-15% reduction tomorrow? And is that 10% of the weekly dose or daily dose.

And to top it off I was coughing up blood this morning, with a chest infection.

Thanks again, so much

You need to reduce by at least 10% for the WEEK. I'd drop from 122mg per week to 110mg and retest in a week.

That works out to 15.71 per day @110 per week. Right. So I would take 15 mgs today and continue with 15 mgs daily.

I'll just tell you what I did when I was 6.0 in France. I held one day and took 1/2 the next day and resumed my normal dose and I was fine after that. Unlike you my INR had not been steadily increasing and I just needed to give it a jolt and resume normal dosing. At 5.2 you really aren't in any danger IMHO, so doing an across the board decrease as Ross suggested and then retesting sounds logical.

But since I'm late in reading this - it sounds like you already agree with Ross.

That works out to 15.71 per day @110 per week. Right. So I would take 15 mgs today and continue with 15 mgs daily.

If you can make it 16mg a day great, but if not, try 15mg and see where your at in a week. Just depends on what strength pills you have to work with.

At 5.2. I'd only take half the dose today, then resume on the rest of schedule. 7.5mg today.

Thanks for help. I got a call from the clinic.

I am going to be getting a home test monitor, with the pin prick instead of going to the lab and getting blood drawn, which has been every week for the past 4 years.

So I am doing a happy, happy dance today.:D

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back