One Month Out!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinconinos

I know it's not much but I am so happy to be a month out from my surgery. Everybody says it gets better and I am waiting for that! Surgery wise, I'm actually feeling pretty good. My scabs are almost gone, and my incision is looking great. Other than my stomach issues, I feel good.

Happy to hear you're feeling pretty well. Be patient it happens slowly, each day gets a little bit better. Are you getting around and walking to get some mild exercise?

Cinconinos lm happy your happy and feeling better hope you get your stomach problems undercontrol

Honeybunny ... really fluid on your lungs l'm sorry to hear that however very happy to know you are otherwise doing great!

Almost_hectic you also seem to be motoring right along.

It is so encouraging to hear so many successes when l log in .. reading that just make the waiting snd wondering a whole lot better!
Xx Thx you!

cinconinos;n859989 said:
Other than my stomach issues, I feel good.

I hear you there. I had such serious digestive disruption after valve surgery that at one month out I had to be readmitted to get my digestive system back into proper operation. I've had off-and-on digestive issues since my younger days, but the meds and over-all mayhem of surgery just blocked me up something terrible. Once they gave me the "magic potion" (magnesium citrate), and directions to use Miralax daily, things got back into motion and settled down. Hang in there. I'm surprised that the surgeons don't make more of a point of telling patients that digestive systems may nearly shut down and may need help to re-regulate things so they can get back into their lives.

epstns;n860040 said:
I'm surprised that the surgeons don't make more of a point of telling patients that digestive systems may nearly shut down and may need help to re-regulate things so they can get back into their lives.
I am very surprised that they don't too. I know personally of another OHS patient on the cardiac ward with whom I kept in touch who had to go to A&E (ER) due to these digestive problems. And the consultant who I saw nearly had me readmitted.

Paleogirl;n860044 said:
I am very surprised that they don't too. I know personally of another OHS patient on the cardiac ward with whom I kept in touch who had to go to A&E (ER) due to these digestive problems. And the consultant who I saw nearly had me readmitted.

Miralax and a good toilet snake are your friend! It is an awful Side effect and seems pretty common.

This is great news. The beginning is usually the hardest and it's good that you're both feeling (relatively) well! Feels nice to be on the other side of surgery, eh? :)

Latest posts

Back