October 20th, 2011, 5:30AM

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,
Happy to hear you are feeling more opptomistic. Try and get some sleep, maybe a hot toddy, that was my Grandma's cure, for everything.
All the best, Peg

Thanks Peg,

I can't believe I'm going to type this, let alone think it: I'm actually kind of looking forward to recovering in what I'm told is a pretty kick ass patient care center. That and the hot young nurses. (happily married, but some eye candy can't hurt the healing process!) WIFI would be cool to, if it's hooked up, as I just signed up for NETFLIX. Wow, there's so much to choose from. Lots of it is good too. No wonder they give you a month free trial - I can't see why not to keep the subscription. Might even downgrade my cable package to make up the cost.

Yep, things are lookin' up. As if all the perks of recovering aren't enough, I'm also really looking forward to actually having some energy. I'm sure it will be a while before I'm feeling better - but it can't get a whole lot worse than it is right now - so nothing to lose, really!

I'll be thinking of you. Will someone be able to update us before you can get online yourself? Enjoy the netflix, we joined during one of Justin's surgery/recoveries and realy got our moneys worth. Oh, you might not want to watch the comidies for a while, Justin found out the hard way after he took a season of scrubs to the hospital to watch and found out laughing hurt, But hugging his pillow helped alot

Watch out for nurse 'Cratchet' hahah JK. The wifi wasn't set up yet when I was there, if it still isn't there is a computer with internet in a little room off of the main nurses station by the fireplace. Will be waiting for an update :)
See ya on the other side

Fireplace, wifi?? Sounds good! What the heck hospital are you going to, VGH? My sister is valve patient living in Surrey BC. She had her AVR surgery there years ago.
Good luck tomorrow:)

In 2005 we didn't have Wi-FI or NetFlix, but a co-worker of my husband copied a bunch of movie CDs and I was
kept busy for months. If ever I go in again, we will make sure to have an I-Pad, etc. No more roughing it ;)

I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow and praying that everything goes well! I will also be anxiously awaiting to hear the good news, when it's all over.

Godspeed, my friend!

Sending you lots of positive thoughts for a productive surgery and smooth recovery. I shall have you in my thoughts all day tomorrow. Recovery might be a little uncomfortable, but keep telling yourself that it is doable and just keep telling yourself that you only need to manage one day at a time. Best wishes

Thank you Thank you , Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Just about to hop in the shower to scrub myself down before bed. Did the pre-op orientation today and was a bit overwhelmed with all the info thrown at me! But the people there are amazing. And so are all of you. I will be sure to log in as soon as I'm able to post an update and tell you how well everything went.

I visited the CVU today and saw a man fresh out of surgery - all bundled up and surrounded by equipment. I was then introduced to an 80 year old man who had a AVR yesterday and he almost talked my ear right off! Amazing what a difference a day makes.

Thanks again, so much, for all of the positive vibes you people I have never met are sending me. I can feel it. In just over 9 hours, I'll be arriving at the hospital. Surgery at about 7:50AM until about 4 or 5PM. Is my surgeon going to have a lunch break?lol.

It's going to be easiest on me. Everyone else has to wait around and try to keep busy. For me, the waiting will FINALLY be over!

See you on the other side!

-Mike

Best wishes BCMike. Keep walking as soon as you can. It will greatly help you in the recovery. Looking for ward to see your posts in the post-op section.

I’ve been lurking on your thread, and thinking about you. My step son will be having double (triple?) valve surgery soon and we’re “stalking” a couple people so that he feels more knowledgeable and less scared.

Thinking about you today, fellow Canuck!

Hi Mike,
Just a post to let you know I'm thinking of yu and sending healing vibes down island. Hope all is well.

Hope you are doing well, I'm a terrible worrywart so post as soon as you feel up to it.
Sending lots of healing vibes your way.
Peg

Just a quick note to say I did make it through. Quite the complications though. Am very tired but will likely be around here in the next week or so. Thanks for alll the thoughts. Barely made it!

..................and he almost talked my ear right off! Amazing what a difference a day makes.
It's going to be easiest on me. Everyone else has to wait around and try to keep busy. For me, the waiting will FINALLY be over!

See you on the other side!

-Mike

You said it
Amazing what a difference a day makes.
and now you will find that to be so true each and every day as you challenge (and suprise) yourself more and more glad to have you back

Sorry to hear you had a tough time of it, but VERY glad to see you posting. Are you home or still in the hospital? Take care of yourself

So sorry to hear you had a rough go of it, Hope it is all behind you now and you are healing up well from here on in. If there is anything I can do let me know, I'm not too far away.
Peg

Hi Mike,
Just a note to let you know we are here and thinkin of ya. I hope your recovery is going well. Take it easy and heal well
All the best, Peg

Thanks!

I'm slowly moving in the right direction. The strange part of this all is that everyone's so happy because I pulled through, but I was unconscious the whole time and had no idea how much I scared everyone until I heard all the stories!

Latest posts

Back