Oct Road Trip ... Tx-ok-ks/mo-ia-wi

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now appears that I probably won't be able to make it to dinner Thursday... :(
Have a sick cat. Talked to my vet a few minutes ago; she said to have her at the clinic @ 7 a.m. Wednesday.
If it's what we think, she'll be hospitalized through Thursday evening; I'll have to go pick her up.

There's good news about Cort's road trip, and then there's some bad . . .
I had a message from Cort and he said his internet is down (bad), so he asked me to convey the news that he will not be starting the trip until Friday night--possibly Saturday morning (more bad news:( )

However, the good news is: hopefully Marsha's cat will be better, and she will be able to make dinner with everyone!:)

And I'm in touch with him trying to determine when he is coming through Cape Girardeau!:)

Yea! If he's leaving later, I should be able to meet up with him too! Unless he comes to Dallas on Wednesday... Though I wouldn't think so, with just postponing a few days. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck, Cort!

Mary & Nikki:

If it works out to be Sunday through Tuesday evenings, that might work for me.

We don't know what's wrong with the cat. She's 2 1/2 years old. WBC was 32,000 this morning -- upper level of normal is maybe 18,000. CBC was normal. My vet has put her on antibiotics (Orbax & Clavamox, same thing as Augmentin). She's a really sweet Aby, a bundle of love, and it hurts to see her under the weather. She's trying NOT to act sick.
John takes her back for a recheck Saturday morning. I'm heading to Houston on Friday to visit a Maine Coon cattery for preparation to become a longhair judge, will fly home early Sunday morning. I'll be staying with a cousin north of Houston.
I'll PM each of you my cell #. My cell phone is glued to my body. I'm so glad that God invented Bluetooth technology!

Marsha,

Sorry about your cat.... Course, have fun in Houston ... good luck!

Mary ... thanks for posting for me :).

Ssssoooo, after all of the planning and posting, my road trip dates have changed ? because of circumstances beyond my control [namely the COBRA issue not completely resolved through my old employer and the rental company, despite having the reservations for a couple weeks, ended up having only a Chevrolet Suburban, among a couple other cars I wasn?t interested in driving for just over a week]. The change of dates isn?t a big deal ? might be a better (and more relaxing) road trip ? we?ll see?. I was unable to post about it (even using Mom and Dad?s computer) until tonight (Thursday) because our internet went down Tuesday night through last night?arg. The revised dates/schedules/etc. are below ? they may change along the way, so PLEASE CALL ME if you want to meet up (I?ve ?imbedded? my cell phone # again)?.

FRI, OCT 13 / central IL
?leave Elgin after dinner, by 8p (or stay home and leave early Saturday morning).
* Route = IL RT 47 S
?stay near Champaign IL, with friends.

SAT, OCT 14 / IL-AR-TX
?leave near Champaign IL early morning (or leave Elgin very early morning).
* Route = (I-64 W ? I-39 S) ? I-57 S ? I-55 S ? I-40 W ? I-30 W
* MEET'n'GREET for lunch along I-57, near Mt Vernon IL or Marion IL (place & time TBD)
* ALT Route = I-57 S ? I-70 W ? I-55 S
* ALT MEET'n'GREET for lunch along I-55 in Missouri, approx 60+ miles S of St Louis
* Route = I-55 S ? I-40 W ? I-30 W
* MEET'n'GREET for dinner in/near Little Rock AR (place & time TBD)
?stay in the Little Rock AR area overnight, or continue to Dallas TX (arriving around midnight or later)

SUN, OCT 15 / TX
...stay in TX (or continue to TX, if stay in AR overnight, arriving around late lunchtime)
* Route = I-55 S ... I-40 W ... I-30 W
* MEET'n'GREET for dinner (place & Time TBD)
...leave for Terrell 7:30p to 8p
* 8:30pmish in Terrell TX to visit friends
...stay in Dallas, with a friend

MON, OCT 16 / TX
?stay in Dallas TX, perhaps side trip elsewhere in TX.

TUE, OCT 17 / TX-OK
* MEET'n'GREET for breakfast, sometime ~8:30a, Ginger Brown's Old Tyme Restaurant & Bakery:
http://www.yellowbook.com/?A=1&T=11&PH=8172372114
...leave Dallas.
* Route = I-35W N ... SR 287 N
* MEET'n'GREET for lunch, Wichita Falls TX, sometime between 12p & 1p
...leave for Oklahoma City by 2:30p
* Route = I-44 N
* MEET'n'GREET for dinner, 5-7pmish, place TBD
...stay in Oklahoma City, with friends

WED, OCT 18 / OK-KS
...leave early to mid-afternoon, bound for Wichita KS
* Route = I-35 N
* MEET'n'GREET for dinner in/near Wichita KS, 5-7pmish, place TBD
...stay in Wichita, with friends

THU, OCT 19 / KS-MO
...leave early to mid-morning, bound for Kansas City
* Route = I-35 N
* MEET'n'GREET in the KC KS/MO area, noonish, place TBD.
* POSSIBLE visit to Old School Paradise, 15502 E24 HW, Independence MO
...stay in KC area.

FRI, OCT 20 / KS-IA
...leave KC area mid-morning or after lunch, bound for Des Moines
* Route = I-35 N
* MEET'n'GREET for dinner in/near Des Moines IA, 5pmish, place TBD
...leave for Waterloo IA by 7p
* Route = I-35 N ... SR 20 W
...stay with friends in Waterloo IA

SAT, OCT 21 / IA
...stay with friends in Waterloo IA

SUN, OCT 22 / IA-WI-IL
...leave early morning, bound for S WI.
* Route (to WI) = TBD
* MEET?n?GREET for lunch, 12p-1p
?leave WI for home by 5p
* Route (to home) = SR 20 E

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
"These hands are meant to hold" ... All-American Rejects ... 'Move Along'

Woo hoo! Sunday works great for me. I'll be anxiously awaiting the place and time for the DFW meet 'n' greet! :D

(But Nathan won't be there because he works.)

Gnusgal said:
Woo hoo! Sunday works great for me. I'll be anxiously awaiting the place and time for the DFW meet 'n' greet!

*grins*

Woo hoo! As for the place and time ... keep in touch with me via phone, as I won't be on the boards for a while. I know ... it isn't as planned as 2 years ago, but ya know ... might turn out better this way ;).

Gnusgal said:
(But Nathan won't be there because he works.)

Hmmm....well, perhaps we could go visit him. Besides, he oughtta introduce me to some of those cute'n'single female nurses ;). He he he!

BTW, I'm just about ready to go ... will head out either tonight late or early Saturday morning ... and will be stopping to eat with Mary :). I'll be hitting the highway in a rental 2006 Dodge Charger (dark silver)! Looking forward to seeing whoever I see along the way :).!

I just talked to Cort. He's on his way, but still in IL. He isn't exactly sure where he'll be staying tonight, but he knows he won't make it to Texas until tomorrow (probably 5-ish). He wants to have dinner with the DFW crowd tomorrow (Sunday) night. His Terrell friends probably won't be meeting until Monday, so he won't be rushed for time after all. If that changes, he'll call me and I'll let you know.

He wants me to "spearhead" figuring out the when's and where's of our get together. Any suggestions? He said to aim for some time between 5 and 7.

Hope to see lots of you tomorrow! :D

We just said good-bye to Cort after spending a very enjoyable few hours together. He was headed south and will probably spend the night in Arkansas.
Our granddaughter, Haley, was with us along with our daughter and her husband. Here's a picture of Me, Haley and Cort.

What a greeat picture mary and Haley is such a cutie. I'm glad you had a nice time. I didn't realize when you said you were meeting Cort is was today lol My brain just doesn't work some days, Lyn

Please!!

Please!!

Someone PM me with the DFW info for Sunday. I thought I had missed him on Thursday, and now find he hasn't arrived yet. Perhaps Adam and I can get in on tomorrows meet. I will be checking back. I hope all is going smoothly on your trip, Cort. Love the pic!

I just got home from a Blue Man Group concert and found a voice mail from Cort. He's made it into Arkansas and will be staying there tonight. His plan is to be on his way to Little Rock by 7 am, be there around 10 to spend some time with some buddies there, then head to Texas around noon. He thinks planning to meet around 6:30-7 would be best. If people want to PM me their general area I can try and determine a central-ish location for getting together.

I'll be home all day tomorrow, so I'll check in frequently.

We are in Hurst.

We are in Hurst.

Let me double check with my husband- perhaps we can have everyone meet at our house for fajitas. My hubby likes to cook out. How large a crowd are we looking at?

Arlington, duh!

Arlington, duh!

Since I have it on my location! :D

Great pic, Mary! Hailey is adorable! Thought you were gonna send her with Cort, so she and Katie could play. :D Then I would send them both back to you to play there. :D Thanks for posting that.

Jancy, you are one brave woman:D and very generous! Ya might want to rethink that, though, as it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I have no clue what the final number might be. I'm not sure if Marsha is still trying to make it or not since she doesn't get back home until tomorrow from her cat show.

So y'all work it out. Just let us know, Niki. As long as it isn't much later than 7 for a start time (school night, ya know ;) ), then we are in. Then y'all can see Katie's lovely noggin............and her two black eyes now! I am so waiting for someone to call CPS............geez! I will be checking and will PM ya my numbers again so you don't have to hunt them down.

Oh, did you get hold of Suzy? I was going to but this week has been crazy. Much love. J.

gijanet said:
Since I have it on my location! :D
I knew where you were, silly. I was trying to get a grasp on others. I think Jancy may have been the only one I didn't know, actually.

Jancy, you are one brave woman:D and very generous! Ya might want to rethink that, though, as it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I have no clue what the final number might be. I'm not sure if Marsha is still trying to make it or not since she doesn't get back home until tomorrow from her cat show.
That is very generous! Let me know if you still want to do it. At the moment I was thinking that Grapevine or Flowermound are the most central to everyone, assuming Marsha makes it (She gave me her cell number and I'm going to try calling her later today). If you still want to have everyone over to your house, these are the people who have replied to me: Janet, Jancy, Marsha (or at least, I'm pretty sure she'll come), Suzy, and me. I don't know who will be bringing spouces, families, etc. I'm fairly certain Janet and Jancy are, Marsha will PROBABLY bring her husband, I will be coming alone this time, and I have no idea on Suzy.

Oh, did you get hold of Suzy? I was going to but this week has been crazy. Much love. J.
Well, as I stated above, I HAVE heard from Suzy. She's coming. I didn't hear from anyone else on the ACHA board, though... Perhaps I should call Sheri and Paul?

Hopefully everyting will be set by noon. I want to be able to call Cort and let him know the plan.

Darn rain!

Darn rain!

My husband said the same thing as Janet- that we can't very well cook out in the rain, so I guess my house is out after all. My home is really too small for an inside gathering. I'm sorry. I am going to be away from the computer for a few hours, so perhaps when I return, a decision will be made. I am sure you guys will come up with a good place, but a couple that crossed my mind was Rosa's on Precinct Line - about a mile or so North of 183 on the right. It is never too busy, and you can pull tables together and it is not too noisey. Another thought farther north is Red Robins. It is off 114 and 26. It has large signs that can be seen from the road and is easy to find. Of course there are so many places that could be considered central. The list is endless. I will check when I return and see what has been decided. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Red Robin is one I'm familiar with (though not that particular location). They have great burgers! :D And being in Grapevine, it seems rather central to the Ft. Worth, Arlington, and Dallas folk. I say we just plan on Red Robin, unless anyone has a complaint about that. Being family oriented, I think they can handle Katie. ;) I'll try to call them and see if we can reserve a table for 6:30. If we have to wait a bit for Cort, that's okay. It will give all of us more time to talk. How does that sound? How many people will you each be bringing? That way I can figure out how many to put on the reservation (if the even take reservations).

Great Picture

Great Picture

Mary/Cort and Hailey..:) :) :) From the National Weather map..looks like Cort will be driving in rain all day.Stay safe, Cort..Bonnie

Wish I could meet you all. Grapevine is a great little town! If your like wine....you could pop around and taste.

Have fun:)

I just got off the phone with Marsha (she's back and will be bringing her husband) and then with Cort. Cort says he's about an hour outside of Texarkana and hopes to be in Dallas around 5:30ish. I told him we were planning to meet at Red Robin at 6:30, but if he can't be there at that time, it's okay. He's going to call me when he gets into Dallas so he can get directions to RR. Hope everyone can make it.

BTW-- Cort says he thought there were more people who were in the DFW area who had wanted to meet up. If you can think of any, try shooting them a PM so they will know not to miss the chance to see Cort while he's here. :D

Back