Occassional Palps when lying down

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rush20

Bradenton/Lakewood Ranch, FL. (Heart Still In Chi
Almost 4 years post op and I still have occassional palps when I lie down. I usually notice this at bedtime and I wonder if I just tend to notice them when lying down vs. standing or sitting upright.

Has anyone else experienced similar feelings? It doesn't happen all the time, just occassionally. Perhpas stress, etc. has something to do with it, however I just had my latest cardio appointment, echo and EKG and everything looks good. What's up?

I've always had occasional palps. Even people without heart problems can have palpitations. It's just that we are geared into noticing it since our hearts have been worked on.

What position are you in when you get them? If you are on your right side, it may be because of the weight of your body pressing on your aorta.

I occasionally get palps (not often) when lying on my chaise longue to watch TV. I have a feeling that I just notice them more in that position than when I am up and busy.

Karlynn said:
I've always had occasional palps. Even people without heart problems can have palpitations. It's just that we are geared into noticing it since our hearts have been worked on.

What position are you in when you get them? If you are on your right side, it may be because of the weight of your body pressing on your aorta.

It's mostly when I'm lying flat on my back. I actually sleep on my side and I think because I'm more heart-aware than folks who haven't had OHS (like us), I might be more aware of it. Like many people, I tend to have difficulty in turning my brain off at night and I think that just adds to it.

all is quiet, you are sleepy, you feel/hear everything, especially your heartbeat. I can tell the spot where mine does a flip. Sometimes I worry about it because it seems different than the last time I noticed. I don't have a valve replacement, this is the heart itself and I have had tests that show that blip. I can only find it at night - when I am listening. I can change positions to not hear it. However, when I do hear it, I seem to want to check it out to make sure it didn't change any. weird.

Palps when lying down?

Interesting.

I typically get them when I am sitting up - either at my desk typing or when I'm in the car.

I have talked to my cardiologist (Dr. Ben Rosin) and surgeon (Dr. Vaughn Starnes) about this. Neither was concerned.

If it's no big deal to them... I'll chose other things to be neurotic about.

:)

Adam

Latest posts

Back