Numbness at the top of the right leg

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunMartin

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I have had a numbness at the top of the right leg. I also have some stitches where I presume they connected me to the heart lung machine (???). It is not stopping me walking etc but it feels odd when I touch it. Is this likely to go away?

Thanks
Martin

I had numbness in my right thigh it bugged me a lot, but once I was moving around I only noticed it when I touched the skin. It felt weird. I am now at month 11 and it is almost completely gone.

I have had a numbness at the top of the right leg. I also have some stitches where I presume they connected me to the heart lung machine (???). It is not stopping me walking etc but it feels odd when I touch it. Is this likely to go away?

Thanks
Martin

Since you're just a month out of surgery, I'd say that sounds like any number of odd sensations that linger. You go through a lot, and the body needs time to adjust. Of course, if you have concerns, contact your doctor. Here's hoping your recovery goes well.

Justin had that incision after his 5th OHS. Right after surgery that incision annoyed him more than his sternum when he was walking. and quite a bit of his thigh was numb. it took a couple months but gradually all the numbness went away.

Latest posts

Back