Now officially in the waiting room

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R1Phrankey

After all examinations in the last couple of months, it is finally going to happen.
Received a phone call today from the hospital that I have to come in on Monday, and surgery on Tuesday May 20th.

Some stressful days to go I guess. I expected surgery in 4 - 6 weeks, but when you receive a phone call that it is going to happen, while not expecting it, it is a scary moment. :eek2:

regards,

Frank

Wow, that's fast! On the bright side, you have less time to worry. :redface2:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hi R1Phrankey,

Just enough time to go shopping for all those little essentials you might need :D

Good luck, God speed and will await your post when you get to the other side.

Red

Thanks. Hopefully, I am able to create a new topic in the Post Surgery section within 2 weeks . :)

Yesterday, after the phone call, I was a little excited and my heart rate was much higher, but today it is okay. Just did some work around the house, did some gardening, washing the car. Next days, just do some nice things, see some family and then it is Monday, time to talk to the surgeon.

Good luck on your surgery! May 20 was supposed to be my date too, but they had to reschedule me due to scheduling conflicts on their side of things. I assume it is because I am in really good shape, other than my valve and aortic aneurysm - somebody is worse off, in other words and needs care sooner than me. I am all ready to go, all tests complete, everything looks good. I wish it was still next Tuesday, like yours, but no go for me. My new date is May 29.

Please report back when you feel well enough to do so.

21st for me ... HEY !!!!! Did you but in line ????? ;)

Kidding aside, best wishes about upcoming surgery and will look forward to seeing you in the post surgery party room. I hear the view is great on the other side of the mountain.

Helen

Good luck on your surgery! May 20 was supposed to be my date too, but they had to reschedule me due to scheduling conflicts on their side of things. I assume it is because I am in really good shape, other than my valve and aortic aneurysm - somebody is worse off, in other words and needs care sooner than me. I am all ready to go, all tests complete, everything looks good. I wish it was still next Tuesday, like yours, but no go for me. My new date is May 29.

Please report back when you feel well enough to do so.

Sorry to hear about the delay, even though you already rebooked. Hope the wait passes quickly and uneventfully, and your surgery and recovery is smooth,. Best wishes !!!

Helen

I can imagine that a reschedule is not something you were waiting for.
In my case I had expected 4-6 weeks, because I was told that it was very busy last couple of weeks and waiting time was increasing. However, it became 5 days after the phone call last Thursday.

I will post in the post-op section as soon as I am back home and able to do so. I will update you with my experiences. :)

Latest posts

Back