Newly approved for the US

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Great news indeed.Thanks for sharing. Hope the patent wars don't kill innovation and more technological advances. I am waiting for the day when I can swallow a pill and it somehow expands into a valve and seats itself into my old valve :)

Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere in the forums, but I read this a couple of weeks ago and meant to share.

Exciting! Thoughts?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/17/corevalve-heart-valve-replacement-system-fda_n_4618417.html Kelly

Its great there are now 2 TAVI approved in the US, Now even more people will be candidates.

what really surprised me was this quote "We estimate the U.S. TAVR market will be approximately $450 million in 2014," said Glenn Novarro, an analyst with RBC Capital Market"
No wonder so many companys are trying to get their own percutaneous valves. I think Corevalve is one of the 2 companies Medtronic spent over a BILLION Dollars to buy. It makes a little more sense now that I see how much they expect to make.

Hi

what really surprised me was this quote "We estimate the U.S. TAVR market will be approximately $450 million in 2014," said Glenn Novarro, an analyst with RBC Capital Market"

indeed ... I was a bit jaw dropped over that one too ...

also, when you consider:
Previous studies have suggested that between 38% of patients (Europe) and two thirds of patients (southern California) with severe aortic valve stenosis go untreated.

there is a big untapped market out there ... as I read it the valve sales figures from 2011 was $436Million in the USA alone.
[Aortic Valve and Ascending Aorta Guidelines for Management and Quality Measures, The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2013 , p S5]

if they could double their sales that would be enormous.

"Money Money Money
Must be Sunny
In a Richmans world"

Back