Newbie (sort of)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may take a while, and you will be "older" after that while, but I can truthfully say that 2+ years after surgery, I am in better shape than I was a couple of years before surgery - and I was in better than average shape back then. (Any of you smaller guys need some size 34 trousers? They're so big on me that when I cinch up my belt it takes a tuck in the waistband. . . )

It may take a while, and you will be "older" after that while, but I can truthfully say that 2+ years after surgery, I am in better shape than I was a couple of years before surgery - and I was in better than average shape back then. (Any of you smaller guys need some size 34 trousers? They're so big on me that when I cinch up my belt it takes a tuck in the waistband. . . )
It's been a while since I saw a 34 waist. I've managed to get to 36, but my continued efforts are on hold until I get this heart patched up. I'm looking forward to feeling a lot better, exercising more effectively, and doing less stress eating.

Funny how we can have this life-threatening heart issue and so many of us dont really have major symptoms. Thank goodness the medical pros discovered my BAV because I would have had no idea from my symptoms. I get some shortness of breath, going up stairs mostly, or trying to walk and sing along to my Ipod strangely enough, but I too just chalked it up to hitting my 40's and getting a bit older. dg moore and Heather Anne, i hope all went swimmingly and i hope you will both be biking and hiking soon!

Latest posts

Back