New Trinket (boasting advisory)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,
WOW! I am so impressed with your accomplishments! Thank you so much for sharing your story and pictures. Andrew will like this when he feels better. Congratualtions on your incredible accomplishment. I can't even run a mile and I am younger with no heart issues. Rest and celebrate!

Bill,
You mentioned "the real athletes". Wether you are willing to accept it or not you are definitely one of those "real athletes".

Your story is truly inspiring. Great work!

Bill, what a cool post. Thanks so much for sharing your story and pics, and believe me when I say, you're my hero. :) :)

Incredibly Impressive

Incredibly Impressive

WOW! I AM SO IMPRESSED!. WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ANY PERSON MUCH LESS A HEART PATIENT. THANKS FOR MAKING TOMORROW'S EATING OF THE OATMEAL AND SKIM MILK SO MUCH MORE DOABLE. HOW MOTIVATING YOU ARE! I CAN HARDLY IMAGINE HAVING ENOUGH ENERGY TO WAKE UP THAT EARLY TO WALK OUTSIDE! YOU GIVE ME HOPE!!!!
HAVE A GOOD ONE!
DEBBI
'THE WAITING ROOM'

Sherry said:
Bill, what a cool post. Thanks so much for sharing your story and pics, and believe me when I say, you're my hero. :) :)

Thanks for all of the nice comments and congrats, everybody!

I thought maybe I'd have some post-race blues now that all of the training and anticipation and excitement has past, but that's not the case. Some follow-on items:

I received my copy of the commemorative DVD that is distributed to IM participants. It's a professionally-produced, 10 minute collection of video clips from the race. In addition to the shots of all the superb athletes, there is inclusion of oddball items - the obese guy, the guy on a mountain bike, and the heart patient (guess who.) Turns out I am prominently featured for about 4 seconds displaying my surgical scar, mouthing off about my comeback from OHS and my great (in my own opinion) swim. I'm normally pretty reserved, but when I encountered a cameraman in my face at T1, I just started babbling like a dope - guess it was just all of the race excitement. I'm somewhat embarrassed, actually, but it's kind of neat to have a spot on the souvenir DVD. Now I'm thinking that maybe there is potential for that clip to show up in the OLN TV broadcast of the race...I'll have to wait and see.

My wonderful wife threw a post-race party for me. We had a barbeque, and she invited the local community of endurance athletes who train at the park where we ride and run. I'm in awe of all these folks, and they were over at my house slapping me on the back. One of them took the time to make a cake that was frosted to resemble the finisher medal. Very cool.

And finally, I am looking forward to a new job that I'll start in a few weeks.

So it hasn't been "back to the same 'ol grind." It's nice not to have an abrupt ending after the culmination of 3 years of obsession and training.

Next goal - I'm going to work on my pathetic running and smash a PR at the Thanksgiving 10K!

Life is good!

your entire report/account was so interesting. It's the first thing I found this morning and really started my day (one that promises apprehension - hurricane). The pictures were something to see, especially the one of all of you in the water. hard to believe that was a hunk of bodies (or bodies of hunk?). Thank you for this report, Bill. We have watched you for a long time - and now we get to see the REAL YOU in your avatar............

Congratulations. Don't we have an awesome bunch of heart(y) athletes!

Bill: Man I guess you must also be a nice guy as well as an IM stud muffin! All those good friends and a wife who wants to throw you a party after losing you to countless hours of training! When can we see it on OLN?? Let us know! Good luck in the new job!
Laura

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

inCREDIBLE.

What an outstanding accomplishment!

Congrats Bill

Congrats Bill

Bill: Your story is one to inspire all of us! Nothing says it better than CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Bill-

You did it! You are an inspiration to all of us - survivors and waiters alike. Thanks for the photos and the narrative. Stories like yours help put all the little things in life into perspective.

Latest posts

Back