New To The Site not New Valve Replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcsf

Hi. Like to post below I too am new to the site. I have been lurking for years, though.

I had a Ross Procedure in 1996 at UCSF (University of California San Francisco) at the age of 22 to correct my aortic valve. I was born with aortic stenosis. Seventeen good years later I just found out I will need to replace my aortic valve again. I had 17 great years with my Ross. I am still in the early process of getting things sorted out for my next surgery. I still need to have a few test. The surgeon who performed my Ross will perform my next surgery at Stanford in California. I have not decided on what kind of valve I will use to replace the aorta.

M

It sounds like your need to replace the valve again didn't come as a shocking surprise, that is, it seems that your doctors are on top of their game. You must be in really great hands. BTW, as a long-time lurker, you should already know that many here are very opinionated and vocal about their choice of valve, biological vs mechanical. I am personally a member of the mechanical camp, but feel very strongly that whichever you choose for yourself is the best choice.

Hey, neighbor! I had my AVR in August at UCSF -- my choice was between UCSF and Stanford and I chose UCSF based purely on geography (I live in Marin).

How is your rehab going Heather? What kind of valve did you go with?

UCSF is great. My cardiologist is at UC. The reason I will have the surgery at Stanford is because the surgeon who performed my Ross moved on the Stanford from UC.

Latest posts

Back