New time for Sunday chat.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

We have 3 valvers who live over the pond:D And have been faithful chatting the last two Sunday Nights. even tho it was very late for them This Sunday we will chat at 4 p.m. EST time. 3 p.m. central time and see how that works out...We can always tweak it up or down:D Bonnie

Hey Bonnie, how are you this morning? I'm feeling ok. I'll try to get my computer to work for this coming sunday night chat...maybe we should set it for a different day since the weekends are usually a busy time for alot of us? Any day is good for me, I think Friday would be better because not so many of us have to go to work on Saturday. I don't know...Just wondering. Next time I will stay online and MAKE this computer work with me. I hope you have a good day!:D

Thank you Bonnie...........

Thank you Bonnie...........

.......I'm sure I speak for my fellow Europeans when I convey my sincere thanks to you for your generous gesture in changing the chat session to a more realistic time to facilitate us.

Now, how many time-zones do y'all have? I know that Atlanta is five hours behind us and I think that's Eastern. I would have thought Ann would also have been Eastern but seems she's Central, so that must be six hours behind. Rain lives with the Indians in CO, so she must be Mountain time, (is that 7 hours?) and what about Zipper Joan in CA, does she share with Rain or is she another hour behind?

Gawd, life in Norn Iron is so simple, we all share the same clock and the pubs only close in December........and if I drive more than 50 miles in a straight line, I'm either in the 'South' or the sea.

So, I think I have it now.......4pm EST, plus 5 hours is 9pm for Scottie in Haggisland, Jan in Liverpuddle and Billy in Norn Iron........that'll work, kinda early for breakfast, but never mind, we can have Irish Coffee's or Guinness instead.

See Y'all Sunday

Yall quite welcome, Billy

Yall quite welcome, Billy

YALL...is you all..But we say Yall in the South..:D I will try to remember to post new time every day somewhere on forum so our Pumpheads won't forget:D :D Joy, we will leave it for Sundays for now..since the weather is so bad all over the East and South..but come Spring ..maybe we can go to another day. I know I'll be outside on Sunday afternoons...and Summer I'll be at the pool:) :) :) :) :) Bonnie

Y'all or Ya'll?

Y'all or Ya'll?

I learnt my first 'American' in Tennessee and there they seem to spell it Y'all. I now see Texans spelling it Ya'll.

I have been tempted to change, but since the Texans brag so much, I resisted this temptation :D :D

In Ireland, when we use this colloquialism, we just say "You'se"

Like Billy, made friends with Y'ALL living in TN. Now that we are back north....It's 'You Guys' . I think that goes for our east coast friends too. U's Guys.

I like the idea of a more simplisitc way a life. We like to complicate things over here in the good old USA;)

Oh I was just asking for the people who have to go to work on monday, I know, not me of course, I could be up as late as I want, but I was just asking. I thought we were missing some of the people since it was on a sunday. I like the sunday afternoon idea though. Kevin will be asleep until about 4PST, so I will be able to be on for a couple hours...See you then!

Quote "Gawd, life in Norn Iron is so simple, we all share the same clock and the pubs only close in December........"

How could one live in Ireland with the pubs closing for the month of December? What would one do?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks you lot !

Thanks you lot !

9pm will be wonderful ....I'll be able to come and join you ...I thought staying up until 3am was going to be too much if I was to be nice to the poor wee kiddos on Monday morning ....would hate them to call me Grumpy Mrs Scottie LOL...maybe they already do !
Thank you very much!
See you Sunday night for me and afternoon for you lot !
Scottie

actually the pronunciation sounds like 'yawl' but spelling is y'all. Texans spell it with a Mexican accent.

Yes, Billy, I am CST in this part of Florida - the other part of Florida is EST, would you believe. Don't know if there's any other state with two different time zones - well probably Alaska, it's so big. California is 3 hours behind us during the summer and 2 hours behind us in winter (I think) - go figure. growing up in S Fl the time was the same year round. Moved to Baltimore and one day neighbors said 'don't forget to change your clocks' and I said "what in the world for". Returned to Fl 5 yrs later and they had yankeefied the time! Y'all know Ben Franklin is the one who started this time changing mess, don't you?

Hope y'all had a nice day - I had a lovely one with my dear brother.

Perish the thought.....!!!

Perish the thought.....!!!

Terry.........do not be alarmed, the pubs in Ireland don't close for the entire month, just maybe for a few hours so that the Landlord can have his Christmas Dinner.

Now Ann, I'm really getting confused.......California won't co-operate so they don't change their clocks in winter, is that the case?

So in winter they are mountain time and in Summer they're on their own, huh?

Now that's the reason why, when I flew from Atlanta to Nashville, I arrived before I took off...........Begorrah, that's about as 'Irish' as you get :D :D :D

Hey.......

Hey.......

You giving off to me!!!!! My Mother used to scold me too and it's now 2.20am and I am going to bed...........I promise.

Poor Ross.........I want a therapist who lets me stay up late.

I live in Washington, and from what I know Cali changes their clocks. Not 100% sure, but hey...

Latest posts

Back