New Kiwi zipper club member

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helena

Hi everyone!
My name is Helena and I am 39years old. At 24wks pregnant with my 2nd child I was hospitalised with heart failure and spend the rest of my pregnancy in Cardiac care being told my baby could be born any day, luckily she was only 5wks premature.
17 months later I was told that there would be a high chance I would not see my babies grow up, my son was 2 at the time. My Nana, my mum and all of her brother and sisters died all under 50yrs old, I was the 1st in the next generation to have it, Familial Cardiomyopathy.
2 wks later I had aMitral Valve replacement 25mm St Jude and a Tricuspid Valve reconstruction 30mm ring, I still have full time A-fib and am on lots of meds, BUT I AM ALIVE!!!! Yay!!! And I get to see my babies run and play and smile and love. My heros are Mr Nand Kejriwal and Dr Brian Chan.
So that is how I got onto this site.Thanks
Helena:)

Welcome to the VR family forum. I am sorry to hear you had a rough bump during your pregnancy.
Keep that positive attitude. You're right !!!!!!!!!! " YOU ARE ALIVE" enjoy life.

Welcome to the VR family forum. I am sorry to hear you had a rough bump during your pregnancy.
Keep that positive attitude. You're right !!!!!!!!!! " YOU ARE ALIVE" enjoy life.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading through bits and pieces of the VR forum and just love it everyone seems so friendly and supportive, I will be visiting constantly.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading through bits and pieces of the VR forum and just love it everyone seems so friendly and supportive, I will be visiting constantly.

Most people are. A few you gotta keep your eyeballs on. hehe

Welcome Helena
I'm so happy for you!! I was diagnost with Afib and a mitral valve leak when i was 5 weeks pregnant with my second baby. The first question asked by the doctor was how important is this pregnancy??????? I quickley responded w/o thinking I'm freakin 43 years old I know how not to get pregnant at this point. Unfortunately I ended up delivering at 18.5 weeks due to leakage after my amnio. I had one with first daughter w/o any problems.
I'm so glad you everything went well and you are doing fine.

Terri

Welcome Helena. So happy you found us though sorry for the reason.

You have a great atttitude and it will serve you well.
Being able to share our cardiac experiences with others who 'walk the walk' is so helpful.
Enjoy those precious babies.

Hi everyone!
My name is Helena and I am 39years old. BUT I AM ALIVE!!!! Yay!!! And I get to see my babies run and play and smile and love.
Welcome Helena, I know your feeling. My boys were 8 and 6 when I had my surgery. I'll give you a peek into your future....I've seen those two grow to middle aged men, three grandkids grow to adulthood, one late grandaugher(she's only 8) and one great-grandson. I wish you the same success.

Thanks everyone! I'm am extremely lucky to have found a loving and friendly site such as this with all of you wonderful people. My feelings go out to you Terri, thanks for sharing that truly sad story about your 18.5wk baby angel. And thanks for the warning Ross (hehe). Wow Dick! If thats a peek into my future then I am all systems go!
Helena

25 Feb 08 - Familial Cardiomyopathy and full time A-fib
Mitral Valve Replacement 25mm St Jude Mechanical prosthesis
Tricuspid Valve reconstruction 30mm MC3 annuloplasty ring
Obliteration of Left Atrial Appendage
Still full time A-fib

GLAD YOU ARE HERE! You will find a wealth of information for just about anything you are dealing with! Somebody here has "been there, done that!" Dealing with medication complications can be tough, but again SOMEBODY on this forum has probably dealt with it. I had A-Fib issues for a couple of weeks post surgery and had some issues with Amiodarone. It ultimately got the job done but with a few "speed bumps".

Best of luck!

Bob

Welcome, Helena! I know others have said it but this truly is a wonderful place for information and support. Keep up that positive attitude!

Cheers,
Michelle

Latest posts

Back