New heart parts

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easybob

On 6/11 I had my aortic vavle replaced, my mitral vavle repaired and a MAZE procedure. I was released today and feel pretty good.:)

The surgery was performed by Dr. Vincent Gaudiani and his team. They are absolutely great. I spent a lot of time looking for the best and believe I found him. Both pre-surgery and post exceeded all my expectations.

My aortic valve is a Medtronic Mosaic Porcine. The mitral was repaired with a Medtronic Duran Ancore Annuloplastry Ring, I spent a lot of time on the valve selection issue.

I was on the heart-lung machine for about 95 minutes but out of the picture for about 12 hours.

One of the things that got me throught all this was this site. I am a data freak and I really appreciated the info. and well-wishes I received from all over the world.

Next comes the rehap.

I have finished the first 2 weeks of cardio-rehab. It is great. I am anxious to get back to my regular gym but like being monitored. I would recommend a rehab program to all post-surgery patients.

Glad your surgery went well. I enjoyed my rehab felt it really help me feel more confident and relaxed with working out, great and very helpful staff. I would recommend it to all post-surgery patients too. Keep up the good working out and good luck with your recovery.

Latest posts

Back