Need Sleep

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi Girl

Is anyone else having heaps of trouble sleeping in the leadup to their surgery? I get very little sleep also meaning my poor old hubby gets no sleep too

Drugs ... that is the only thing that helped me. Pre-op and for about 2 weeks after I got home also.

Ask your doctor for Drugs to sleep they should be more than happy to give you something! This is a common problem pre-op and post-op. Mine was worst post op! good luck! Get ready for you big three month nap after surgery! God Bless!

It is a common problem, both pre- and post-op. I echo others in suggesting you ask the doctor about a sleep aid. Another possibility is some soothing bedside music turned down low. Or you could have Superbob fly over to NZ and sing you some lullabyes, but your hubby probably wouldn't like that. :D

I wasn't even the patient but I took sleeping pills for almost 30 days before my son's last OHS. I switched between xanax and ambien. Be nice to yourself and do whatever you need.

I took something similar to Ambien.

Anxiety, whether obvious or underlying, can do a number on us before surgery. Not getting enough sleep will make you more tired. I was already fatigued pre-op, due to CHF and the deteriorating mitral valve; the sleeplessness made it even worse.

Hope you can get something for sleep.

I took Lunesta, which was wonderful. Post-op, the hospital gave me Ambien on 2 separate occasions. Both times, I had delusional episodes the next day. No more Ambien for me!

sleep prescription

sleep prescription

gid day mate

sleep prescription = half a bottle of wine followed by sex, works everytime!

Yes, I am right there with you. This lack of sleep leading up the big day is the pits. I take an ativan (only when I really need it) and also a gravol before bedtime (non habit forming). I am also doing what SuperBob suggested. I play some relaxation music just before going to bed. It does seem to help a little. Good luck! Hope some of the suggestions are helpful.

Latest posts

Back