Nancy, any word on Joe?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Nancy, for keeping us updated.....Both of you are still in my prayers. Hopefully he'll start feeling better and his bloods will be back to normal.....Don't you just hate "fuzzy" answers.

Evelyn

he sounds as if he is on the mend again...what a trooper Joe is...and You Nancy are a champion for caring so well for Joe.

I shall keep praying for his homecoming and some rest for yourself...

GOD BLESS you both

I was encouraged and pleased to hear the good news on Joe. Praying that the bleeding is stopped and that his INR will be able to stay in that perfect range for him.

Nancy here's a big (((HUG))) for you cause we all know how hard it is for the caregiver especially when you love him.

Hi Nancy,

so glad to hear the hear that joe is o.k we (my mom and I have been praying for you both ....

many hugs

Carolyn and Nada

Nancy (and Joe), Glad to hear that things are getting better. You two are such fighters!

Thinking of you both.

Nancy,
I hope Joe has had twenty four hours of solid food and will soon be released from the hospital. Do they think a slightly higher INR will put a stop to the bleeding?
You both remain in my prayers.
Mary

The higher INR MIGHT have caused the bleeding in the first place. They had just raised it in the past several months.

They are going to lower his INR down from 3.5-4.0. The bleeding might have been caused by "seepage" from irritations in his upper GI tract. But there is no absolute proof of that, only several doctor's hunches.

Here again, we're in uncharted waters.

Joe, like some of you, has very complicated issues with no easy answers.

But he does feel better. They'll keep him over the weekend and at least until his INR gets up to 2, if they will be able to keep him there. He's already talking in absolutes about going home on Monday. I'm not so sure. But it wouldn't be the first time he's walked out. He's not a "good" patient when he's starting to feel better. :p Very, very naughty.

Hi Nancy! So glad Joe is feeling better! What a hoot about him not being a good patient when feeling better!!! Hope he gets to leave that pop stand Monday! :D All the best wishes...Debbie

Dear Nancy:

Haven't been on line for two days, and went first to your post about Joe. What incredible news. He is a role model for the weak and weary. God bless you both. Am looking forward to a post that he is AT HOME!!

Marybeth

It seems that medicine is part art and part science. Sounds like you have a doctor who is willing to listen to Joe, you, and Joe's situation with both science and intuition. Good to know there is someone like that out there.

I love it that Joe has walked out before and may do so again! What a trooper. He knows when he doesn't need to be an inpatient and is OK to go home. Good for him. (Hope it isn't too hard on you.....)

Regards to you both.

Keeping one's balance while walking their "Medical Tightrope" is never easy, especially when the wind comes up or changes direction.

Joe, with Nancy's help, does this in an exemplary fashion.

Keep On Keepin' On Joe !

You are an inspiration to all of us.

'AL Capshaw'

INR's still way low, and he's hooked up to Heparin drip. He can't take Lovenox injections.

And now, he's just spiked a 102 temp. So all dreams of going home right now, are out the window.:(

So, is Joe a Patriots fan? That'd explain it . ..

Sorry to hear about another setback.

Hang in there.

Nancy said:
INR's still way low, and he's hooked up to Heparin drip. He can't take Lovenox injections.

And now, he's just spiked a 102 temp. So all dreams of going home right now, are out the window.:(

I'm sorry to hear this news, Nancy.
You both are in my prayers.
Mary

I am so sorry to hear this Nancy...

I am so sorry to hear this Nancy...

I know that the hospital is not the vacation of choice, and I bet dollars for doughnuts that Joe is just simply tired of being in the hospital....My prayers and thoughts are with you both as always...Harrybaby:D :D :D :D

Well, I certainly didn't have my "Miracle Ear" in when the nurse told us the temp. When I went back, I asked her again. It was 100.2. BIG difference, Whew!

This afternoon's temp was 97 something, so everything's back on schedule.

With this news our shoulders have relaxed a little.... Thinking of you both.

Back