Nancy, any word on Joe?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy:

Great news about his temp. -At least he can get his butt home, and back on his regular diet, etc. BTW - Have they been good about keeping him on low-salt? I know you've had problems before in that area. - Marybeth

Steve-

Joe is kind of unique, and I'm sure has problems you will never have. He just has lots of fires to put out. He must be HOT :D He'd love that remark. :)

Marybeth-

This hospital has been the BEST regarding his diet (Ellis Hospital in Shenectady, NY). He has gained virtually no fluid weight while here. Even though they do not ordinarily have a 500mg sodium restriction diet, the dietician came right up first thing and worked out all his meals. The food has been plentiful and the diet well-rounded. I am so relieved about that issue. He doesn't ever need to leave a hospital in worse shape than when he went in, going home in Stage 3-4 CHF.

About the only problematic thing I see is the IV things. Heparin already comes cut with a sodium solution, so can't do anything about that. They were able to have a special mix done with dextrose with some of the IVs, but not all.

But this hasn't been too much of a problem because the diet is so low in sodium.

INR still not therapeutic.

Nancy you and Joe are two of our biggest heroes on board....

I am continually amazed at the courage and spirit shown by you guys.

I will keep praying for Joes' continued recovery...

Whew!!!!!

Nancy,

Guess we gonna have to pass the hat and get you some new batteries for that "ear".:eek: :p We continue to send prayers and good thoughts for both of you. At least it sounds like they are working "with" instead of "against" you and Joe this time. Hope Joe can get out of there real soon.

May God Bless,

Danny

Joe's home !!! That's fantastic news Nancy. I'm so happy for you both. :)

Marilyn

I'm so glad that Joe is home and I know that you are to. Both of you get some rest.

Hi Nancy !!

Hi Nancy !!

Havent been on this site for a few days, sorry to hear all the problems that Joe has had in hospital,glad to hear that his is home.
Sending prayers, best wishes and positive thoughts for his continued recovery, take it easy, you must be exhausted !
Very best wishes to you both
Ernie & Wendy

Welcome home, Nancy and Joe. Rest up and we wish you a complete recovery.

NANCY:

So glad to hear the news, AND he isn't any worse than he went in!

Bravo!

Marybeth

hi nancy,
i have been away for some time and was horrified to hear what you and joe have gone through.... i'm so happy to see that he is home and improving steadily.
you are both in our thoughts and prayers.
stay well,
sylvia

Latest posts

Back