Nail Growth increase on Coumadin?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetmarie

Is it just me? I have noticed that about a year and a half after starting to take Coumadin that my nails have needed trimming quite a bit more often. Didn't notice this right away but then it started to dawn on me. Anybody else notice this or am I going insane? lol.

Now that you mentioned this, sweetmarie, I am wondering about my sanity too if I agreed with you.:biggrin2:

Hmmmm ... I noticed this but I related it to me taking my Calcium more regularly that any other time before. Maybe we are getting healthier :wink2:

Tossing in my two cents. I don't take Coumadin but have better nail grown since AVR 4 years ago. I attributed it to better blood circulation to my finger tips. But I sure ain't complaining.

I haven't noticed any increased nail growth. I was kinda hoping for increased hair growth, but no such luck. :p

Is it just me? I have noticed that about a year and a half after starting to take Coumadin that my nails have needed trimming quite a bit more often. Didn't notice this right away but then it started to dawn on me. Anybody else notice this or am I going insane? lol.

Yup, you are going insane !!! :eek2: :biggrin2::tongue2:

Or do you just want to go visit the new hottie manicurist more often ?

Actually I have read that nail growth responds to good heart health and good nutrition; such as protein, calcium, and other minerals.

Hmmm I thought it was just me :) ...but I noticed it immediately after my surgery....both fingernails and toenails were growing faster than I could remember. Also my hair started growing faster ( sorry, marc!). I also noticed that a mental "fog" lifted. Everything is better. I just kinda figured it was because the proper amount of blood is finally getting to where it needs to be. Not sure it has anything to do with coumadin in my case anyhow....
5 months out and I am still amazed how good things got already!

Latest posts

Back