My valve is one year old

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barb

A year ago tonight I was spending a restless night in the CLeveland Clinic waiting for surgery to begin in the morning. I am reliving in my mind the whole experience. It just amazes me that I went through with it. I woke up this morning and looked at my youngest who is 6 and has down syndrome and thought "how in the world did I manage to say goodbye to this little one especially?" Well with many prayers and support from everyone here, I was able to say goodbye to him and his 9 older siblings and head for the CCF with my husband confident that all would be well. The next morning surgery went well and I was in ICU for about 24 hours and it was pretty smooth sailing from there. By the end of the summer I was back to all that is entailed in taking care of my large family. I was a religious person before but have a very renewed belief in the power of prayer. I thank you and... my husband and all 10 of my kids thank you for all of the support that helped me over that mountain.

Barb,
Congratulations on your one year valversary! It is always so weird to think back on those days leading up to and after your surgery and it brings you back to how thankful you are for these wonderful medical folks who make us 'all better'.

Chris

Barb,
That brought a tear to my eye. So glad all went well for you and wish you many many more healthy and happy years!

I am so happy that all has gone so well for such a caring and loving lady. God bless you and your family ad may you have many more anniversaries of becoming the new and healthier you. Take good care of each other and share a big warm family hug for me. :) Michael

Happy Anniversary! I will get a bovine tisue valve on Aug 9 at the Cleveland Clinic. I will look forward to posting a one year anniversary notice next year. Glad to hear things are going well for you. I hope they continue that way for many years to come. You sound like you have a great family.

Pat

Congratulations to you on your 1 year Anniversary!!!!! You must be a phenominal lady, with all of your 10 children!!! May you have many, many more happy and healthy years ahead of you! Take care.

Latest posts

Back