My surgery is over!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grammyfour

I'm sorry I couldn't post sooner, my daughter was not willing.
I had my surgery Wed. April1. Seven hours (they tell me) I won't lie, the tube was the worst part of the party! I had my surgery at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. A very new very spiffy hospital. They know their cardiolgy. They have a huge transplant program. There were 10 hearts or lungs transplanted while I was there.
They were able to repair the aorta, and the mitral reset itself when they took the pressure off it, so they left it alone. The big part was the removal of a membrane below the aorta, and a myomectomy. I had one bout of A-fib, on Saturday and lost my trip out of the unit. Ended up in the unit the whole time because there were never any beds. They raised my metoprolol all the way to 100 twice a day to slow down my heart rate, but of course my blood pressure crashes. Very light headed. Have to be very careful when I move.
The nurses were very upset about the blood pressure and kept waking me up. The docs of course did not care, they want the rate down to 60-70 beats a minute. I feel well but weak. No incisinal (sp?) pain at all. My arthritis was the big problem. They took away my ibuprofen before surgery, so I was in a lot of discomfort until I got it back. If anyone has specific questions, I will be happy to answer them as I can. Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Welcome home, rest often, take your pain meds as directed, use your spirometer. I hope you are able to enjoy the Easter holiday. A little chocolate bunny never hurt anyone. :)

Good work! Take it easy, but try to get that walking in, it really helps. All the best, Brian

Im so glad you got through the surgery, you seem to have had a rough time, but now your home you can start to recovery, Take things slowly and dont over do things.
You Take Care
Jane

Welcome home, and congrats on the trip to this side of the mountain, although it seems to have been a bit of a struggle. If the worst parts were the intubation and your arthritis pain, you did not bad, though. Best wishes for a fast, smooth and boring recovery!

Back