My Pre-op rollarcoaster

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainframe

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
First my surgery got slid from 11/4 to 11/12. Once that occurred, the doctor became concerned about my excessive fluid. I checked into Stanford for a 2 day stay(and great visit by our Bill B) to drain the fluid using IV Lasix and that started Coreg. On discharge they upped the Lasix to 40 grams 2 tmes a day.

I was at home (rented for the month) on Friday and on Saturday didn't really feel that good. Wife called surgerons office and off the the ER we went. I was decided the oral Lasix wasn't working well and I should be re-addmitted until the surgery date 11/12. Yeah, another 6 days prior to surgery

I got some good news in the Dr. Miller might have had a cancellation on Wednesday so I could at least move from Thursday to Wednesday. Get this going a day earlier.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time because your surgery got pushed back. Its a good thing you decided to stay in the area, since you were already there instead of going home. I hope they are able to get you in Wed.

Chris:

I hope you get the operation bumped up a day. Regardless, it should go very well. Let me know if and when I can visit again. We'll get that city tour in later.:)

Bill

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery! Sending many prayers your way..

Latest posts

Back