My first 5K

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SumoRunner

Pretty respectable time about 8:30 per mile. Sounds like you'll be seeing much better in the near future.

My first 5K

A year ago I would not have considered running, walking any distance was a chore. This morning I completed my first 5K. My time was not all that great although I finished!

I don't post all that much although reading about everyone's training and successes have encouraged me to push myself. Thank you.

Rob

Congraulations on your first 5K. You just had a PR. From here on out things only get better. Keep on training and doing what you're doing.

It's always good to see new blood in the arena. Hearing about me or some of the others doing yet another race is old hat.

You do quite fine Sumo, it's never "old hat" hearing about what you are up to.

Kodi, thank for the encouragement.

The next local 5K is in 2 weeks, I figure I'll give that a try too. Between the biking, walking, jogging, golf, and lifting, I get very little TV time in. I'm pretty happy with the rebuilt heart.

Rob

Congrats Rob! You should be proud of yourself. I am hoping to run the Peachtree Rd. race here in ATL next July 4 - 6.2 miles. Although I work out regularly, it's hard to imagine at this point in time that I could run quite that far, but I'm pretty sure I can get there! I agree that the stories here are very inspiring.

The next local 5K is in 2 weeks, I figure I'll give that a try too. Between the biking, walking, jogging, golf, and lifting, I get very little TV time in. I'm pretty happy with the rebuilt heart.

...and it sounds like youl're exploiting that rebuilt heart very well! TV is overrated. Congrats on the 5K and best of luck on the next.

Thank you all for the encouragement.

I am making the most of my repairs, catching up on lost time I guess. I find that by doing some form of exercise daily I get a better sleep.

Running seems to be the only exercise that is helping my blood pressure numbers. I have been posting 140's / mid 90's, hr @55-58. Not real bad but not where it should be, this morning I was 131/71, hr 52.

The Peachtree sounds like quite the event. 50 thousand? Now that's an event!

Rob

Rob, sorry I am late in my congratulations....good job! Running can most definetly help those BP numbers! Keep posting about your races!

Congratulations on your first 5k! I'm running my second 5k this saturday and I can't wait to see the improvment! Keep up the good work! It's worth it!

Good luck to you on Saturday Jeff, I hope you hit your target time. I am sure I'm not the only one who will want to read about your success, make sure you follow up with us.

Never too late to join the conversation TPrice, thanks for the note, I will post my experience after my next run, I have a target goal to drop at least 1 more minute per mile on the 18th, I'll let you know how I do.

Rob

Hi and thanks!

My final time was 26:33 keeping my heart rate bridled @ or less than 145 bpm the first two miles and then higher than I'd tell my cardiologist for the final mile :eek:

I've seen vast improvements over the past five months since I've been active again. On April 25, my first 5k time was 30:39 while my heart rate never went below 170 bpm and peaked at 192bpm and it took me a week to recover not to mention after the race I went home and took a three hour nap. I didn't know about my heart condition then and honestly, I feel lucky that my aneurysm didn't pop. Last night I went on a three mile run and I kept my heart rate in the low 140's, but mostly around 137 and I actually did the three miles in 29 minutes. I'm pretty happy about that!

Latest posts

Back