My 1st Anniversary March 10th!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmaceae

March 10th, 2009 I went in to have my aortic valve replaced in Elk Grove IL near Chicago and today I am in NW Iowa enjoying the quiet life! A lot of things happened this year after my surgery, we moved from Chicago IL to a small town in NW Iowa, living on a beautiful lake (at least I think there is a lake under all that ice!). Sold my fully restored 1968 Mustang and bought a 1929 Ford Model A. Talk about really slowing down :)
Unfortunately I just had my gallbladder removed 10 days ago which not fun but a lot easier then my AVR.
I cannot believe what we have accomplished in one year but God has really blessed us!
God bless,
Randy

Randy,
Happy first valversary. They will only get better with time. Keep that cow happy and mooing and down on the "farm"
Fellow mooer
John

Randy, it is good to hear that things are going well. I'm home today following a lens replacement. As you say, however, after the AVR these other issues are troublesome but relatively minor.

Here in Oklahoma the peonies and daffodils are up and the buds on the apricots are swelling. I hope your ice melts soon.

Larry

Randy, congratulations on your first. Wish you many more.

Also hope you enjoy living lakeside as much as we have. We started building our lake home 3 years after I had AVR. We never have ice on our lake but during the three months school is out we get more than our share of boats and personal water craft.

Congrats Randy! Wanted to add that I'm originally from NW Iowa, and ALSO had my surgery around your same age (at 45)! Cool! :p Those lakes wouldn't be 'Twin Lakes' would they? :) ... Anyway, glad your'e doing good! ~Karen

Latest posts

Back