My 1 year anniversary.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ovie

Well today marks the one year anniversary of my AVR, glad to say I've made it this far with only a few bumps in the road, Cardiologist said everything was good so I'm going to take his word for it, I'm seeing my surgeon in April to maybe get a bit more piece of mind with things, who better to talk to then the guy who's seen your heart!. It by all means wasn't a fun year, I've got some mental issues I'm trying to sort out but to look back it's pretty remarkable to see how the body heals and almost unbelievable to an extent. I could have never got through the waiting room and post op without this site. I don't comment much anymore unless I've got a question but I'm always checking before bed. So thank you to those who are there to help out, truly a blessing. Here's to hopefully many more years! :thumbup:

Hi, Ovie, and a big CONGRATULATIONS on the first of many valve anniversaries! Yeah, the first year is a bit of a mess for some of us, but at least for me, the second goes better. Hope yours does too.

Hey Ovie, we are "valve brothers," I had mine done on 2/24/12. Great to be alive isn't. I celebrated mine with some good cheap barbecue...what about you?

I agree about the mental issues, but hey even those w/o a replacement valve have those. :). My preacher likes to say there is no such thing as normal. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine. :)

Hey, Tom - I don't mean to hijack Ovie's thread, but where in MO are you? Do you know any good barbeque places in the St. Louis area? I have family in Belleville, IL, and ever since the local Super Smokers closed, I don't know where else to find good barbeque.

Sorry, I am in KC. I am not familiar with barbecue around St. Louis. In KC, St. Louis is known for fried ravioli.

Thanks everybody, hey EPSTN..ill look at my list of Restaurants I put into writing and see what I got, there was 1 barbecue place that was great there. I lived there for 2 years and whenever I found a new place I'd write it down, ill see what I've got, it was good and the bad! Haven't lived there since 05' so it's been awhile.

Congratulations Ovie!!!!

Yeah, the mental stuff is tough...I had some mental/emotional stuff after my surgery. I wish you many more valversaries, continued health and lots of peace!

Rachel

Happy Anniversary. The first year was a bumpy one for me too, but things have been picking up now that I'm moving ahead in year two. I hope the same for you and many more anniversaries.

Latest posts

Back