MVA increased - surgery postponed again!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharad

Hi All,

I am very happy to start the thread to inform all that Yesterday I performed my echocardiogram again and the results are surprising.
in April My MVA was 1.3sq.cm but now it is 1.65 sq.cm.

Surgeons said that I will have to wait again for 8-12months

due to mild hypertension he prescribed me a tab "Envas - 2.5mg".

Thanks all for supporting me..

Regards,
Sharad.

in April My MVA was 1.3sq.cm but now it is 1.65 sq.cm.

that seems unlikely. it is my understanding that valves don't get
better. more likely just a result of inexact echo readings.

but your signature says moderate mitral, severe aortic....i'm assuming
MVA is mitral valve area....what were the readings for your aortic valve?

Dear sir,

Yes, This was a problem of inexact echo readings. As per my doctor, X-ray and present echo readins are appropriate. So the readings in may was wrong.
To decrease hypertension he has prescribed me a new pill named "envas", because my Blood Pressure readings were 78/150.
that seems unlikely. it is my understanding that valves don't get
better. more likely just a result of inexact echo readings.

but your signature says moderate mitral, severe aortic....i'm assuming
MVA is mitral valve area....what were the readings for your aortic valve?

Yes, This was a problem of inexact echo readings. As per my doctor, X-ray and present echo readins are appropriate. So the readings in may was wrong.

how do they know which reading was wrong?

think i wuld be asking for a TOE or TEE depending what they call it in your country the down the throat echo will give a much better accurate reading

Either way, Sharad is over 1.0 cm², so he wouldn't be up for immediate surgery, assuming India had a basic surgical standard similar to the US.

Another year or more doesn't sound unreasonable at the rate that aortic valve openings generally shrink.

Hopefully, you're not experiencing too much in the way of symptoms at this point, Sharad.

Best wishes,

That's good news. Of course if you have any additional symptoms, you will call your doctor. But for now-- onward and upward. Now find a gal and get married! :)

Hi Sharad,

That's good to hear, that you don't need your surgery as soon as you thought! I would ask lot's of questions, when at the Dr's. ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T SEEM quiet right to you, or you don't completely understand ask them to clarify.

Let us know how you are, and good luck to you!

Thank you Mam,

Actually I have found her already. But we were waiting for my surgery, but it is postponing. So Now it seems that we have to marry before the surgery. Ours is Love-marriage so we have some traditional problems from her home. But soon we will go through and of course, how can I forget to invite all of you???

Regards,
Sharad.

That's good news. Of course if you have any additional symptoms, you will call your doctor. But for now-- onward and upward. Now find a gal and get married! :)

Thats great news on finding a loving partner, i hope all works out for you.
I would agree with all thats been said above, make sure you are monitored, and have regular checks.
Take Care
Jane

Latest posts

Back