Music....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy Travis

Randy Travis

Hensylee, If you enjoy country and gospel both I think you would enjoy Randy Travis' last two CDs. Inspirations and Rise and Shine. Very good if you like that kind of music. I first heard the Inspirations CD on Touched by an Angel. Randy Travis and Delta Burke were on it. Also the Gaithers were on that episode. I went out and bought the CD and I love it. His last CD proved to be just as good.

Love the Gaithers - there's a Christian TV station here in town - all done by local folks and every week they have one of the Gaithers' programs on. I really enjoy the fellowship and music they share.

Like Randy, too. But I have no CD player - just old-fashioned, I guess but I never got one.

My granddaughter sings at the top of her voice like you. Christian music - she sings in church and anywhere else they will let her. And she's very good - bet you are, too.

Hensylee

Hensylee

You know, I love to sing at the top of my lungs. I could sing all day. I would love to sing in the choir. I love church and I love to praise. The only problem is I couldn't sing on key if my life depended on it. My husband says that he feels sorry for the people who sit in front of me at church, but like I always say by the time it gets to Gods ears I sound wonderful:D :D :D We went to see the Gaithers in Dec. They are very good and you get your monies worth. They played for three and a half hours. It was great.

Music!

Music!

Alas, Pegne, I am somewhat like you. I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket! Don't know how, as I was a strong tenor in high school chorus. Later in adult years, allergies ruined whatever voice I had, and now the only way I can make music is by playing records (remember them?), tapes or CD's. My wife and daughter can sing, and daughter plays clarinet (first chair) in a concert band. I'm the outcast.

Also, I tend to enjoy a wide range of music, but my inclusion of good ol' Bible Belt Gospel seems to surprise my wife.

Go Figure. . . but Enjoy and Praise!

SteveE

Epstns

Epstns

I remember those days in high school choir. I was an alto, for three years. If I had to try out though, I never would have made it. Actually, my husband plays guitar and if I do say so myself he's pretty good. One of the things that made me fall in love with him, was when he serenaded me with Love Me Tender. My step- son also plays guitar and has a great singing voice. His music tends to go more toward heavy metal. But when he sings Knockin on Heavens Door, he amazes me. If you look at our CDs we have all kinds of music. Everything from Matchbox20 to Waylon Jennings. REO to Kris Kristoferson (by the way one of the greatest song writers ever). Harry Chapin, Neal Young and Willie Nelson. None of those guys could "sing" but they were story tellers through song and they were great at what they did. Oh, and I can't forget Bob Dylan. I guess I look at the talent in a whole. As far as singing voices I think one of the greatest ones ever is Gary Morris. I can't figure out why he wasn't bigger that he was. He's great.

Last edited:
Gary Morris was soooo good.

And what about Mac Davis. What a writer and performer. He wrote "In the Ghetto" for Elvis, and many other songs that became household titles.

Mac Davis

Mac Davis

My favorite Mac Davis song was the one about the old man and the orphan girl. I tried to down load it at one time but it wasn't a good recording. I think it's "Whoever finds this". It's a very sad song. But your right hensylee. He is one of the greats.

Didn't the words go "Whoever finds this, I love you"? It is a beautiful song. Also love "Watchin Scotty Grow" Scotty was his son, you know. He sort of abandoned Scotty, left him in Albany Ga with first wife, got another wife, lost her to Glen Campbell, etc, etc.......sad

Wow...did this topic "take off" or what?!

Hensylee...I remember those songs you mention...those are on my "master" list, too ;).

Gary Morris IS great...quoted him in my original post ;).

Rob...my favorite city is Nashville :). I had moved down there in Sep '96 looking for work...but it didn't work out....mebbe some day I'll be back down there ;).

Anyway...wanted to share some more quotes....

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

"How can anybody be so lucky?" ... John Conlee ... 'Domestic Life'

"You have to try again" ... Janie Fricke ... 'You Don't Know Love'

"Nothing lasts forever" ... Guns N Roses ... 'November Rain'

"I ain't ready for the junkyard yet, cuz I still feel like a new Corvette" ... George Jones ... 'I Don't Need Your Rocking Chair'

"If you fall, I will catch you" ... Cindy Lauper ... 'Time After Time'

"You can't tell, but stay awhile & maybe then you'll see a different side of me ... you don't care, but soon enough you're gonna think of me & how I used to be" ... Matchbox 20 ... 'Unwell'

"I'm sick & tired of being politically correct; I see through it now, but I didn't at first; the hypocrits make it worse & worse" ... John Mellencamp ... 'Peaceful World'

"Wondering...why I even care" ... Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ... 'Modern Day Romance'

"Someday you will find me" ... Oasis ... 'Champaign Supernova'

"How much can you take?" ... Oleander ... 'Hands Off The Wheel'

"Never thought I'd be the one who'd slip" ... Puddle Of Mud ... 'She Hates Me'

"I could never get enough" ... Eddy Raven ... 'I Could Use Another You'

"Ever wonder if it's all for you?" ... Red Hot Chili Peppers ... 'Can't Stop'

"We're gonna do it anyway" ... Kenny Rogers ... 'Something Inside So Strong'

"Let's give it 1 more try" ... Saigon Kick ... 'Love Is On The Way'

"I just can't anymore this life of solitude" ... Saliva ... 'Always'

"This heart is gonna mend just fine" ... Sawyer Brown ... 'This Night Won't Last Forever'

"I may lose the battle, but I love the fight" ... John Schneider ... 'Love, You Ain't Seen The Last Of Me'

"I'm not scared now" ... Seether ... 'Fine Again'

"I should've done what I'm going to do a long time ago" ... Joel Sonnier ... 'No More 1 More Time'

"What happened next is hard to tell" ... Ray Stevens ... 'Mississippi Squirrel Revival'

"I don't need to be" ... Stone Sour ... 'Bother'

"This is not where you belong" ... Trapped ... 'Head Strong'

"Your heart is in serious danger" ... Tanya Tucker & T Graham Brown ... 'Don't Go Out'

"I thought that time would cure" ... Tom Wopat ... 'A Little Bit Closer'

Latest posts

Back