Mitral valve repair/ bypass surgeon in LA

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nearyneary

My friend's father is in the hospital right now (after a suspected heart attack, but it turns out he didn't have one). His doctors (at Hoag Hospital, in Newport Beach) want to do bypass/ mitral valve surgery this week. Does anyone know anything about this facility or the surgeons there? Who is the best surgeon in LA/Orange County for mitral valve repair? Thanks in advance for your help!

I, like most people, am partial to my own surgeon. I had my mitral valve repaired with Dr. Laks at UCLA, but I heard that he may have left. My Cardiologist said he was the best in the area. PM me and I can give you his phone number...

One of the surgeons that my cardiologist sent me to and highly recommended was Daniel M. Bethencourt out of Long Beach Memorial Hospital. Ph# 562-988-9333.

I realized that I never gave y'all an update. As it turned out, my friend's dad had quadruple bypass and mitral valve repair with Dr. Joyo at Hoag. The surgery was a great success, and he's recovering nicely. Thanks again for the helpful advice!

MikeHeim said:
I, like most people, am partial to my own surgeon. I had my mitral valve repaired with Dr. Laks at UCLA, but I heard that he may have left. My Cardiologist said he was the best in the area. PM me and I can give you his phone number...

Laks is still there I believe that is who was doing a tx today so tempe's surgery was cancelled, Lyn

Latest posts

Back