Met with Surgeon yesterday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldGeezerWNC

Hi folks
I hope I'm doing this right. I started this post thing instead of adding to my old one, is that the right thing to do?

Nonnie and I met with Dr. Binns yesterday, the surgeon. He did my 5 bypass 5 yrs ago. Said he was glad to see me, but not under these circumstances. His plan of action is to check me in on Dec 14, do the Dual Caths on Dec 15th and then the A-Valve replacement and up to 3 bypass surgery on the 16th. Should be home for Christmas. He says he wants to use a tissue valve. Well I'm going to enjoy the next week and then start worring the week after. Just wanted to let folks know. Thanks for the good info. I'll take a picture of my superman cape today and post it. The nurses at Asheville Heart saw it yesterday and were in "stitches" over it. For those who didn't see it. I asked my wife to make me a Superman Cape with the big S on the back. To cover my backside when walking around the nurse's station in those mini gowns they have. Last time they tied one over my shoulders to keep me modest. Thanks folks Rick

Ok I promised the pictures of the Super Man Cape so I just added them to my album. Hide the children, put out the cat and go take a look. When I leave the Hospital, I'll donate the cape to the floor so they can use it on other larger than gown patients.

Last edited:
Hey Rick,
The post is just fine. I shall be thinking about you and praying that you have a truly successful surgery and bump free recovery. Your positive attitude about this whole process will take you a long way. Enjoy your family and hug each other a lot. The days will fly by and soon you will be home again and over this hurdle. Take Care:)

Why don't you enjoy this week and then enjoy the next one too? All you have to do is show up (with your cape). I hope you find yourself at peace with this by the time your worry-week gets here.

Best wishes!

Hi Rick, it looks like you are might just be finishing up the year with a new improved you. I hope all goes well and this turns out to be a lovely Christmas present for you and your family.

I had to google your city to find out where you lived in NC. You live in an absolutely beautiful area! Once upon a time we almost moved to Sylva but ended up here in Pinehurst instead.

I will put you in my prayers. Keep us up to date as you progress!

You look all set for the valve replacement ride. I sincerely wish you the the best outcome possible and shall be focussing positive and healing thoughts your way on the 16th. I am most impressed with your superman cape and can't wait to see the picture. I also settled for a tissue valve (bovine) after much research and soul searching. Best of luck.

Your great attitude is wonderful........ You must promise to post a photo of you with your cape. You'll be the 'super hero' on the floor'. Who doesn't love a guy with a sense of humor?

Sending all best wishes.

Rick--

I checked out your album with the photos of your Superman cape. Your wife did a great job on it -- you will be a big hit when you are walking around the cardiac floor.

Wishing you all the best on the 16th.

Well, I see you're getting ready to be Superman with a Super Heart. Take care of yourself between now & then - do something nice with your family! I'll be thinking of you as you get ready...

Latest posts

Back