Mended hearts?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chimed in here because Michelle specifically asked about Mended Hearts and by sheer coincidence I was just getting into volunteering with them. Some of the responses suggest that somehow MH is competition for Vr.com as a support group. I don't see that at all, but anyway I intend to shut up (this will make many people happy I know) and not talk about my MH experiences here anymore.

Don't get me wrong I didn't mind that someone was visiting but I think he just said the wrong things. I don't care if I look great if I feel like crap. I don't get that anymore, I've lost a lot of weight and prednisone gave me horrible skin. So now people don't bother me with that anymore. I look like crap and feel kind of okay. So people ask me how I'm feeling so I can answer with honesty rather than figuring out how to reply to "I can't believe you just had surgery and you are walking around in public". Nobody said that literally. Sorry I'm long winded. I just think some people are overly sensitive (myself included), and others can be boorish. I'm a terrible person to try to say encouraging things to, you can thank Sartre and Schopenhauer for that. But I need to be a little more Dalai Lama and Mr. Rogers.

Latest posts

Back