Memory foam beds

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prdraper1

I have a new memory foam bed and have found that I cough and sneeze anywhere near it. I am obviously allergic to visco foam. Since my op over a year ago my chest has been very sensitive and allergic to a few things but this is the worst. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
I am not sure if this thread is in the correct place.
I have not been on this BB for a while so hello and bet wishes to everyone again and I hope you are all still improving. We have had a long journey which has some way to go still for me.

Last edited:
Everything tends to make me cough ;) mostly the dust in beds, and some foods, and all pollens, etc.
I have tried a memory foam pad on a hospital bed and it was great, but at home I have a regular foam pad and
it's okay for now.
Could you maybe try one of those allergen barrier zippered mattress covers that envelopes the whole mattress?
I have one on my pillow, love it.
You may want to copy and paste this thread onto the Small Talk Forum for more views since this is not really a
surgery issue. :)

How long have you had it? If only a few days, I would try airing it out for a while before sleeping on it. I have a memory foam topper, which they recommended you not sleep on for a couple of days while the volatiles from the foam evaporate.

It's fine now, but the odor was initially very strong.

Latest posts

Back